Barclays - What Next, Can anyone help!

tagal
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5225 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Some background.

Had two accounts with Barclays which fell into arrears two years ago. I owe them approx 3,000 approx 600 made up of charges. Entered into a DMP which I am running myself. These accounts was closed. I believe the account has been on hold for the past two years while waiting for outcome of court hearing - not sure whether I even had to make payments to them during this time, but have paid amount worked out for DMP every month without fail even though have never heard from them. Only way to check what I now owe is on Experian. All money I have paid has come off the balance - no interest has been added so far.

Have now received letter from Barclays (they don't hang around) saying they are not upholding my complaint and will not be refunding my charges. So what do I do now. Do I file claim with FOS and write to Barclays informing them of this. I have 8 weeks to respond to them. From what I have read - the FSA has also said they are not going further with bank charges.

I want to obviously carry on with my DMP as the past 2 years so need help.

Interestingly, just been looking at the Fos website, take a butchers :)

Unless I have read it wrong, the Fos can still look at cases on an individual basis, especially where hardship is concerned.

Advice from others onboard may be useful too, but to start I would have a look at the Fos website.:)

Best Wishes.

Hi Tagal,

You should keep an eye on the Site Announcements at the top of every forum about our strategy for reclaiming charges.

The bank will say you cannot succed in getting charges back but we think they're wrong.

I would suggest you keep to whatever Site advice is given in the next month, and avoid approaching the FOS formally, at this stage at least.

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thanks to both of you. Slick132 - do I need to reply to Barlays as they say if they don't hear from me within 8 weeks files will be closed. Should I inform them that I am looking to take things further and will let them know in due course. If so, do you have an idea what I should say in my letter. At least this letter will keep things open for me.

Thanks Tracey.

Hi Tagal,

Watch out for further Site news about this, and react accordingly.

If you get within 2 weeks of their deadline, you can write a simple holding letter. Just confirm that you intend to reclaim your bank charges and that they should therefore NOT consider the matter closed until you say so.

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)