style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4141 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just wondering what happened to many of you after going bankrupt.Are some banks slowly changing their attitudes to bankrupts.And letting fhem keep their accounts open but reduced to the most basic account.Whats the use of closing them,we can just go down the high street to the COOP or BARCLAYS,hopefully recover from our troubles in time and succeed again in jobs or business owing nobody,becoming valued customers.:lol:Went bankrupt in May walked into Abbey showed them bankruptcy form acccount reduced to basic,but not closed and kicked into street,what happened to you,were you treated badly or did your bank treat you kindly,respectfully,not look down their noses at you.Perhaps the manager who when you once had a decent wad to deposit invited you for afternoon tea and a chat offered you his best wishes and hope that things improve for you.Or did he point you in the direction of the Salvation Army before retreating to his office to open his bonus.Anyones circumstances can change up or down and whatever yours is i wish you all the best.

At the instant you are declared bankrupt any bank accounts cease to be yours - which means, of course, that they do not belong to you so you cannot use them.

The Official Receiver will take them over and may then allow you to resume using them, but the OR will have to do this explicitly.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

I was luky enough to keep my Lloyds TSB acount,

It may have been because it was a Joint account,

Was not down graded just told not to use the cheque book,

All the best

Leakie