Bradford Foster Square Parking Eye PCN

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2431 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am new to this forum but have been reading the content with great interest over the past few days since I received a PCN from Parking Eye for a car that I am the registered keeper.

I was not driving the car at the time so I have sent the first response to that effect. I await the outcome.

What I would like to know is if anyone has ever complained to the Trading Standards people about their letters. I am reasonably aware of attempts to part me from my money but the letter looks nearly official. It seems to be attempting to look like official paperwork. Referencing something as a PCN seems to be sailing so close to the wind. It also moves in about four paragraphs from £50 to losing my possesions via a CJD and the bailiffs.

Any feedback gratefully received as I feel strongly enough about this to actually put ink to paper and write.

their letters deceive. you were not driving. you are safe. file their letters and ignore them. don't wast ea stamp or your own time writing to them. you have done enough. As you have already written you will get several more letters from them - all cobblers.

These clowns recently took over from Excel at this car park. They embarassed themselves several times over their trading practices at this site. That said, nothing's changed with regards to how you deal with any ticket from this site.

Follow Lamma's advice. Ignore any further correspondence.

• 3 months later...
These clowns recently took over from Excel at this car park. They embarassed themselves several times over their trading practices at this site. That said, nothing's changed with regards to how you deal with any ticket from this site.

Follow Lamma's advice. Ignore any further correspondence.

Indeed.

I got my first PCN from Excel at Forster Sqaure. They claimed i had parked my car at their site for 8 hours... :eek:

why waste your time its a mail [problem]

IGNORE

unless its def not your car that was there and your reg may have been cloned etc

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

Hi

A brief update from the original posting. I wrote back using the advised form of words and I had a second letter. This one showed the car entering the car park (nearest the station) and exiting the second car park (on the other side of Hamm Strasse). I ignored that letter and nothing else so far.

From what I understand from a little research don't call it a pcn. A Penalty Charge Note has legal standing. A Parking Charge Notice is an invoice and nothing more. I would always refer to it as that as that.

I reported the format of the invoice and the wording to Trading Standards West Yorkshire. They seemed to initially respond with "they can't act in parking disputes; nothing to do with them". When I explained that the invoice was trying to look more official than it was they thought about it then quickly sent me a letter saying that it did not fail any guidelines. Easiest route.

I have to say that the car park is extremely well posted with signs covering the parking restrictions. I went to take a look as I had not been there on this paticular day. The storekeepers also seem to be well informed with a fairly comprehensive guide to what to say etc. I would fully support invoicing people who work in Bradford and are abusing the facility but for obvious Christmas shoppers I think they are abusing the shoppers.

As a colleague would say "Another example of Rip Off Britain".

• 1 year later...

hi

i also got a notice for overstaying in forster square whilst shopping there.

I stupidly rang up to pay without checking online. i was angry about having to pay £3 credit card charge so said i would send a check. they extended my payment period by 14 days.

i then decided to go online to pay when i came across these forums telling me it was a [problem]

have i admitted liabiltiy by ringing them up?

cheers

Liability?

Liability for what?

You offered to make them a gift then decided against it when they got too greedy and tried to get you to give a further £3.00.

You will get a series of threat-0-grams and eventually they will give up and try to con someone else.

West Yorkshire Trading Standards are just one more waste of time.

They are hidden away at Morley, just another government agency that hide behind a premium telephone that never get answered.

Do as you are advised, just ignore.

• 5 years later...

I was in a similar situation. They want to charge me 85 quid (50 if done within 14 days) for parking an hour and a bit over 3 hours.

My excuse is that i was providing medical cover for an event up the road and couldnt really leave.

Anyone have any advice for me?

Cheers