Count Court Claim received MBNA\Optima

vint1954
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4384 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

When you draft your letter, highlight any words , phrases, you feel they may not understand and enclose the dictionary definition or suitable explanation.

This could mean that your letter looks as though it has a severe rash.. but what can you do:rolleyes::D

Its nice to wake up and have a chuckle :D

I have no legal qualifications whatsoever, so please check any input I have for accuracy. And please correct me if you disagree!

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When you draft your letter, highlight any words , phrases, you feel they may not understand and enclose the dictionary definition or suitable explanation.

This could mean that your letter looks as though it has a severe rash.. but what can you do:rolleyes::D

Yes CB, I have always done that. Perhaps I should highlight the whole letter.

I will copy the court manager in again.

This just gets more concerning. I cannot beleive that these are solicitors drafting these responses.

They issue a claim with no supporting documents in their hands.

They reply to my first 5 CPR 31.14 letters with illegible documents and documents missing when their letters state they are enclosed.

They ignore my CPR 31.15 letter to inspect the documents.

I am forced to issue an embarrassed defence.

They issue a reply to my defence, where the references to para numbers from my ED are mis-quoted.

In their reply they refer to the bundle attached, but this has documents missing that they refer to in their reply as being in the bundle. 2 more illegible sheets.

In their covering letter they state that their client is unable to provide the original agreement, yet in their response to the ED, they state that they have the documentation to prove the claim.

They have put me to strict proof, when they are the claimant.

Then require me to file a fully particularised claim by next week. I have a fuller defence ready, however it is still part embarrassed where the agreement is concerned.

I have written to the court twice now, advising them of the situation, but no response.

Ho Hum.

Vint, They cannot order or even require you to put in a fuller defence. Onlly the court can do that.

If you are still corresponding with Northampton then they wont reply to your letters, I dont think. They didnt to mine .. however the claim was stayed and still is (not an MBNA situation).

Have you telephoned Northampton to see if they can offer any advice... they are usually pretty helpful in a non committed sort of way !!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I wonder if Optima are gearing up to issuing a Summary Judgement ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi CB,

Spoke with the court. Pretty helpful as you said.

Despite our freinds issueing an official looking reply to my defence, they have not lodged it with the court. They have heard nothing from them.

He says they have until the 15th Feb, then it goes before the judge for directions and a probable order to supply documents.

They apparently cannot obtain an SJ as I have filed a defence.

Sorry I dont have any expertise to advise you Vint - just want to offer some moral support! :)

Thanks haggis. A little more comfortable now, having spoken with the court. They seem to know Optima of old;)

Even more depressing was speaking to my sister just now. They live in Crete. They don't have much money, but are extremely relaxed and can afford to eat and drink well. rates or council tax is £70 a year, water is £60 a year, food where they live is about 35% of the uk prices.:sad: I love Greece.

:D

I feel a bit cheered up now after bringing my filing up to date for the last hour. It's reminded me that I'm sitting on, not a naughty step but:

3 faulty DN's (1 loan, two CC's)

4 accounts without any agreements, one of which just gave up and removed it from my credit file (without being asked) after admitting they didn't have one.

Methinks it's the happy hour :)

Vint. My source on the inside tells me that your case has now been transferred to the Dispute Resolution Department of Optima and is currently being handled by a G**** P*****. This person is a solicitor albeit newly qualified.

I also have it on good authority that there are one or two people at Optima who have now started tuning in regularly to these forums to see what's being said about them and what errors have crept into their output...... Seems that they might be using this board as a sort of educational/training tool ;). Oh well, if they didn't persist in making errors and turning out shoddy work as they seem to have been doing from the evidence on here and documents which other people have posted up, we wouldn't have anything to write about... Fair comment, justified opinions and qualified privilege all apply....

Vint. If they do attempt to go for summary judgment, remember, the test for summary judgment is very, very high and if you have still got outstanding issues and questions it would be entirely inappropriate for them to chance any such application. I don't have to remind you but keep all letters and documentation.

Regards

Thanks Langster,

Just a couple of points, not sure how they would know who I was from this site.

Can you elaborate on Despute Resolution.

Regards

Vint.

Hey Vint,

Just doing some bored surfing and came accross this:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/campaign/97712-complain-about-litigation-behaviour.html

Might be worth a complaint about the idiots you're dealing with

I have no legal qualifications whatsoever, so please check any input I have for accuracy. And please correct me if you disagree!

Hi vinnt,

Just returned from another short stay in hospital and i find that you're upto your ears in it ! looks like you're getting some good advice though,i know you can take care of yourself but we're all crossing fingers for you,give em hell.