rebeccas78

On My Way. Thank You So Much.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3612 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

This appears to be a long post but please read it especially if you are worried about your debts / not sure what to do / on the verge of doing something about them!

I posted on here around two months ago that my debts (totalling in the region of £28k on cards and loans) were getting too much and that I'd heard about CCCS & Payplan who set up debt management plans and was asking for advice on others experiences with these companies. There was then a subsuquent post advising that I decided to go with Payplan and was in the throes of liaising with them regarding them contacting my creditors. I know that not everyone will have the same experience as me with payplan but I if this post brings some hope to even one person who is in the situation I was in then maybe it'll be of some benefit.

Two months on from my initial contact with Payplan, I can honestly say the only regret that I have is that I had not contacted them sooner. I was appointed a personal liasion officer and they took me through every stage of the process with great care and dedication answering (my many!) questions throughout. They were very realistic with what I could afford and put a proposal to each of my creditors. In the interim I had numerous calls and some threatening letters, I did not answer the calls and did not respond to any letters and would advise anyone starting out on a Debt Management Plan not to (so long as you are in contact with a debt management company).

Within 6 weeks, all creditors had agreed to the plan, one of the 5 has frozen the interest totally until they have had all payments and another has reduced the interest to 6%. I am writing to the others (including the one who has lowered it to 6%) to request a total interest freeze.

I have an online account that I can log into and see how much has been paid to each creditor each month and any updates or messages from my personal liaision officer. I also have their email address and phone number which I can contact them on if I have any queries.

Don't get me wrong after I get paid each month for the last couple of months since I have been in the plan it has been scary, especially with Christmas and the present buying! Christmas is a bit leaner this year but I sat down last night and looked under the tree at the bargains that I had shopped around for (3 for 2's, buy one get one free's, last minute early sale bargains!) and I was proud that I had purchased them with my own money that I had worked hard for! Previous years I had got myself into such a tangle that I was 'robbing Peter to pay Paul' and so would think I'll put Christmas on the plastic and borrow from another card to pay it off. (This was the only time I ever used the plastic in shops, other borrowings were to keep a roof over my head and to live).

I now plan my out goings each month and if I can't afford it it doesn't happen. It's hard to change your mindset of thinking 'it's okay, I've got plastic or the overdraft to fall back on' but now I'm starting to see it as a challenge!

I hope I don't come across as righteous, believe me that's not my intention, I've just sat down and worked out what I have left to live on for the next 5 weeks until pay day in January and it's £250 after all bills! I'll do it though!

I would like to say a huge thank you to all the kind people who responded to my previous posts asking for advice and to everyone on here who bothers to post their experiences / difficulties etc.. which I gather lots of information from. Without this site I honestly think I would be in a much worse situation right now.

Wishing everyone a lovely Christmas and new year.

I hope you have a lovely Christmas.

M

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

I am so pleased for you Rebecca, I am too with Payplan debt management, and find their service fantastic. I wish you all the best for the future x

Its Telling People That Its Not That Hard

Its Getting People To Take That First Step