capQuest

akuma
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4536 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks citizenB but what response should I give to CrapQuest?

I just checked on Post Office Track N Trace and even though the letter was sent last year it still says 'Information on your item is not yet available online'!!

Looks like I would have to restart my complaint.In this sense what whould you advise me to write to for CapQuest and Sainsburys.

Yep, looks like you will need to start your claim with Sainsburys. Although I suspect they have received it and just not signed for it.

I would just rewrite your original complaint to Sainsbury.. ie the reason you were mis sold PPI. They have 8 weeks to resolve the complaint. Did you prepare a spreadsheet with all the charges on ? If not, then I suggest you get one of those sorted out. There is a spreadsheet in the library that you can use. It automatically calculates the amount of interest on a daily basis.

To CapQuest, just a short letter saying that you are chasing up your complaint with Sainsbury and in the event that you dont receive a response in good time, you will be making a formal complaint to the FOS.

.. you dont need to advise that you have had to restart it.

HTH

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

????????

what

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I went to grammer skool too. They didn't teach me nuffink about DCAs though :D

Hi there

what is is this "MONIES" they seem to want.

I thought if I owed something it was either CASH or MONEY.

Crappyquest in any case should possibly be reported to Companies House / Inland revenue as they are another one of these SARL (off shore Luxembourg etc) companies whose directors buy debts for PENNIES in the pound, attempt to collect often MORE than the debtors original amount and don't contribute ANYTHING to the UK economy - they certainly avoid paying as much UK tax as possible so next time you see pictures of nice Yachts in Monte Carlo or the Bahamas -- remind yourselves that's where money fleeced out of you by crappyquest goes to.

If you can - please do ANYTHING to avoid paying these leeches a penny. Even if the debts are yours see if there is another way of paying rather than giving it to this lot -- otherwise see if you can get the nominal 1 GBP a month payment arrangement via a Court.

If you Must pay a DCA at least pay one who at least are paying their fair share of UK tax so something goes back into the economy.

Cheers

jimbo

Hi CitizenB

"I would just rewrite your original complaint to Sainsbury.. ie the reason you were mis sold PPI. They have 8 weeks to resolve the complaint. Did you prepare a spreadsheet with all the charges on ? If not, then I suggest you get one of those sorted out. There is a spreadsheet in the library that you can use. It automatically calculates the amount of interestlink3.gif on a daily basis."

I have looked in the Library but cannot find the spreadsheet. Please could you provide a link.

Thanks

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Cheers citizenB

I have sent Sainsburys a letter complaining about the misselling of the PPI. I did not send them the spreadsheet as I had already sent them the letter before you gave me the link.

I will wait to hear from them in due course.

You should start completing your spreadsheet so you are ready to provide it if asked :)

BCOBS

• 1 month later...

Received letter from CrapQuest with the following;

I write in response of your recent correspondence dated 5th march 2011 of which your comments have been duly noted.

Thank you for advising me of your complaint with Sainsburys Bank plc and that you may be escalating this matter with the Financial Ombudsman Service if you do not receive a response.

In order to assit you whilst Sainsburys Bank or the Financial Ombudsman Sevice may investigate your complaint I have placed your account on hold for an initial period of one month. If you require any further assistance with reference to your account please do not hesitate to contact me further.

Now Sainsburys have yet to contact me regarding the letter I sent for the PPI.

What course of action do I have?

Secondly how should word my letter so that CrapQuest would stop bothering me?

Thanks for all who have responded so far.

i'd ignore them now TBH:

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

Received this from CrapQuest-

As you will be aware we have communicated with you over a period of time to resolve this without the need for legal action. Extra costs incurred as a result of any litigation will be added to your balance, if we succeed in obtaining Judgement against you. My name is XXX XXX and I have been appointed as your case handling supervisor.Together with my team it is my responsiblilty to progress your account through the litigation process but also to assist and inform you on any query or question you may have.

Your case may be processed and passed to our solicitors on or around 16th Jun 2011 a process you can stop by telephoning XXXXXX to discuss your account and reaching an amicable solution.I will not be demanding payment in full. I will be open to suggestions from you on how this account can be settled. I have the authority to make arrangements that may save you a considerable amount of money.

You still have the opportunity to stop legal action and the possibility of settling your account over a period of time and by a method that is suitable for you. I trust that you will take this opportunity to contact us and save yourself the possible expense of litigation and the problems that any litigation in which we are successful would possibly cause your credit file.

I have restarted my PPI claim against Sainsburys and they have phoned me back to confirm.

Now the problem I have is CrapQuest sending me letters when they know that I am still in the process of reclaiming PPI.

What can I do????

cheers

ignore them

dx

and they

so 112 posts in and have you yet filled out the FOS PPI complain t form and sent a copy of your SOC to sainsbury's?

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/technical_notes/ppi.html

dx

and they

Or just write CrapQuest a short note advising that this account is subject to a formal complaint to both the Original Creditor AND the FOS and you will pass on CrapQuests blatant disregard in continuing to pursue and threaten when there is an official dispute in process.

BCOBS

Indeed, it is a very cleverly constructed letter to make you think that you might actually talk to someone who can listen and make real decisions. However, in reality you just end up with the standard monkeys in the call centre. (And yes I fell for it once upon a time!) Don't let the threats scare you, and do as CitizenB suggests.

• 5 months later...

Hi All

Firstly thank you for giving me the advice over this thread.

Secondly I have received this letter from CrapQuest.

As you will now be aware your account is being processed for legal action.

I am corresponding with you as teh Managing Director of the CapQuest Group. Your account has been preselected for a one time solution to settle your account.

This is not a gimmick and nothing sinister, just a project that I am personally promoting to encourage you to clear this debt and save a considerable amount of money doing so.

My plan is simple

1. You agree to pay an amount of your choosing by Direct Debit

2. For each payment you will make in line with arrangements made then we will credit you with an equal amount of 30% of your payment.

That is to say you pay £50 and we will credit your account with another £15.

If you comply you will save x amount.

Now my question is this if I wish to pay these monkeys back what should I do given that I want to give them as little as possible so that they are off my back.

thanks

hehe

a begging letter on a debt that they know is not collectable

IGNORE

muust be getting short on funds for the xmas party!!

dx

and they

Hi akuma.. responding to S.O.S. but dx beat me to it :lol:

I would agree with dx.. ignore :)

BCOBS