capQuest

akuma
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4509 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I went to grammer skool too. They didn't teach me nuffink about DCAs though :D

Haha, bl**dy riff-raff. Spose the closest the teaching staff came to them was when they were having their shoes polished :D

Akuma doesn't seem very excited by the discovery of PPI.

Don't worry, he's on the case now - think he (sorry, assuming its a he) was a little unsure of their position.

New thread in the PPI forum, have asked Alanalana to have a look in tomorrow when he's next on line

Gez

Thanks Huff&Puff and all.

IS there a letter template that I can write to CapQuest with?

cheers

Please explain Blair oliver and scott do you have any letters from them i would like to see them

Also do you have the letter from Cap.......... i would like to see that

minus person......details

also i must say they got the cca back quick.

Hi Lills

Akumas new to the ins and outs of this and to be honest a couple of others missed the PPI as well so its easily done.

As its pre 2005 it shouldnt be too much of an issue getting this sorted but have asked Alan to take a look on the other linked thread in the PPI forum in case theres a recent win against Sainsburys which would give Akuma an easy copy and paste approach.

The quick response to CCA has probably done the OP a favour as its brought the issue to the fore

Gez

yes you are correct the PPI can be sorted.

However i have not heard of Blair Oliver and Scott with Sainsburys as they are Part of the RBOS WHICH I DO FIND INTERESTING

icon12.gif

Blair Oliver Scott stands for BOS

New to me as well, I'm assuming the loan was underwritten the same as Tescos by RBoS?

Sending this to CapQuest;

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I am bemused by your claims of indebtedness as I have no record of a lawfully terminated agreement with said Original Crdeitor but to assist with your investigations I will oblige by corresponding with the alleged Original Creditor in order to effect disclosure of all information by way of Subject Access Request.

Thanks to Gezwee.

p.s I am not excited by learning that I was missold a PPI as I am not sure the implications of this. However I have created a new thread in the PPI part of the forum and I am awaiting from others to advise.

thanks to everyone

Sending this to CapQuest;

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I am bemused by your claims of indebtedness as I have no record of a lawfully terminated agreement with said Original Crdeitor but to assist with your investigations I will oblige by corresponding with the alleged Original Creditor in order to effect disclosure of all information by way of Subject Access Request.

Thanks to Gezwee.

p.s I am not excited by learning that I was missold a PPI as I am not sure the implications of this. However I have created a new thread in the PPI part of the forum and I am awaiting from others to advise.

thanks to everyone

:grin: The implications are.. if the PPI was mis sold, which I think it might possibly have been then this could reduce considerably any debt owed. Or depending on the balance.. wipe it out completely.

There has been a recent court case in South shields

Judge quashes woman's £8,000 credit card debt in 'landmark ruling' on mis-selling of payment protection insurance | Mail Online

Will continue discussing this on your PPI thread. :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Received from CrapQuest this morning;

Please be advised that as you require a Subject Access Information the following are requested;

- A cheque for £10.00 for administrative purposes

- proof of Identity.

If we have not heard from 6th Feb then your account will be passed to our Collection department for further action.

I have requested SUbject Access Information from Sainsburys bank so not sure why they think I asked them.

I sent this to CrapQuest

"I am bemused by your claims of indebtedness as I have no record of a lawfully terminated agreement with said Original Crdeitor but to assist with your investigations I will oblige by corresponding with the alleged Original Creditor in order to effect disclosure of all information by way of Subject Access Request."

And also they have increased my debt by £40 pounds?! Not sure why.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Just received this today.

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

It is our intention to progress your account to our pre-litigation system...the litigation process will seek an Order of the Court, directing you to pay monies outstanding. In the event that we do obtain a Warrant of Execution, a Court Enforcement Officer(Bailiff) will be assigned to attend to your address and carry out the Warrant.

A Walking Possession Agreement means that the goods that have been seized now legally belong to the Bailiff...etc

All this action is avoiadable if you contact this office immediately...

Now I need to know what I should do.

cheers

Is there are template to complain to Trading Standards and the OFT that CQ are chasing me a disputed debt?

Also I have sent Sainsbury's a Subject Access Request on the 24th of January 2010. As yet I have not heard from them whether they have received the letter which was sent recorded. How do I acknowledge from them that they have received my letter? When should they get back to me?

Is there are template to complain to Trading Standards and the OFT that CQ are chasing me a disputed debt?

Also I have sent Sainsbury's a Subject Access Request on the 24th of January 2010. As yet I have not heard from them whether they have received the letter which was sent recorded. How do I acknowledge from them that they have received my letter? When should they get back to me?

Hi Akuma

Not that I'm aware of, I've generally just set out my stall in corresponding with the OFT.

Piece a letter together outlining your problem regarding mis sold PPI and the passing of the account to a third party whilst in dispute.

If you're not too hot with articulating what you want to say (not everyone is, so don't worry) then post up a draft of what you want to send and others will take a look and offer ideas/amendments for you to have a think about.

Gez

Just received this today.

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

It is our intention to progress your account to our pre-litigation system...the litigation process will seek an Order of the Court, directing you to pay monies outstanding. In the event that we do obtain a Warrant of Execution, a Court Enforcement Officer(Bailiff) will be assigned to attend to your address and carry out the Warrant.

A Walking Possession Agreement means that the goods that have been seized now legally belong to the Bailiff...etc

All this action is avoiadable if you contact this office immediately...

Now I need to know what I should do.

cheers

Letter toTo CapQuest,

Dear Sirs,

Account Ref:

Official Complaint

I am in receipt of your Letter before Action and am astonished that you continue to flout OFT Debt Collection Guidelines.

There is a genuine dispute with the original lender on this account, that of mis sold PPI.

In this respect, I have now made an official complaint to the OFT in respect of your harrassment.

If you continue to pursue this account whilst the dispute remains unresolved, I will also be making a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman.

Yours etc.

You can complete the form in the following link. Just say there is a genuine dispute over any liability owed to the creditor in that you have just discovered that they have mis sold a PPI product.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/letter-templates/155095-complain-oft-about-unfair.html

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

thanks citizenb

I received this from CrapQuest.

We thank you for your correspondence and respond as follows:

- This account has been passed to the relevant department.

What does this mean?

Thank you to all who have responded.