capQuest

akuma
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4535 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

In May 2001 I originally took a loan out with Sainsburys Bank.

After losing my job and in difficullty paying back the monthly payments my loan was transfered to Blair Oliver Scott. Since then I was paying back until I moved recently. I didnt tell them where I moved but I assume my landlord told them I no longer lived there.

Now capquest just sent me a letter that I need to pay back £3000 otherwise they start legal action.

Now I need to know what my options are. Should I ignore capquest letter?

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I sent the CCA request letter and I received this letter from capQuest

"Further to recent contact with our office and your request for further information in relation to the above account, we would confirm that your account is now on hold for 28 days whilst we obtain the information required.

If you have any proof of payments or correspondence that would assist with your query please forward these documents to our Collections Administartion department."

So whats the next step they would do and how should do I react?

thanks

Edited by akuma
thanks

You dont need to do anything and you should certainly never send them information that would help them. So dont do anything until they send you a copy of the CCA, bear in mind after 12+2days from the date of your CCA request they will be in default and can not pursue you or enforce the debt till they do produce the CCA.

once you have the CCA post it up on here and we can tell you if its valid or not and what your next step should be, until then, just sit back and relax.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I just received this letter this morning;

Further to your recent correspondence.

A letter telling me ways I could pay and also a photocopy of the original Credit Agreement between me and my Sainsburys bank.

The agreement is signed and dated by me on the 5/5/2001

I need to reply within couple of days otherwise they will pass on my account to their collection department.

What are my next options?

cheers

Added jpgs of scanned letters and agreement.

If I ignore these letters from CapQuest can they legally come down to my house with baliffs? Or would they take me to court first?

20100122092952_00001.pdf

20100122092952_00002.pdf

20100122092952_00003.pdf

Edited by akuma

akuma, I am having a problem opening your third attachment.

It is court first, then bailiffs.

Since their first letter says they have purchased the debt I would have thought you should have received a Notice of Assigment. However I am not certain, and would look for clarification from more experienced people. A NoA would confirm that they are entitled to receive the monies (if people think your agreement is enforceable, and I can't see anything wrong with it).

If they have genuinely purchased the debt, and people think the agreement is enforceable please be aware they will probably have purchased this for between 10%-20% of the value of the debt. If you have funds available then bear this in mind as you make an offer for full and final settlement.

Do not phone Capquest.....ever! Any correspondence should be written and sent recorded delivery...although from personal experience that doesn't mean they will read or respond to it, but it does mean you have a paper trail for reference. If you phone them they will tell you anything but probably won't honour what they say....so they could agree over the telephone to accept a settlement figure...you pay it...then they will chase you for the remainder. Get everything in writing.

If you do set up a payment agreement with them, do not use direct debit, set up a standing order, that way you stay in control of the amount...and keep your payment agreement letter safe.

I suggest hanging on until someone more knowledgable takes a look at your agreement.

All the best.

There are ways to do F&F Offers it is important that they are done properly preferably through a third party which can be a relative, Also I believe all offers should be done with the heading (Without Prejudice) on any offer letter you might send.

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

The debt companys buy debt for between 10 and 20% of their value so your alleged debt was probably bought for a maximum of £600 so if you offered £800 they would still make an easy profit, but you have to be careful and get all in writing because they could take your 800 and then sell the remaining 2200 to some other DCA or continue chasing them selves that is why it is important to do everything in writing so you have proof

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

Hi Akuma, yes I have personal experience of Crapquest, I've been paying a token payment to them for over 3 years (amount agreed by them as per their agreement letter). They have constantly sent me threatograms saying I'm not paying/ignoring their letters. They have ignored all my letters to them including a letter of formal complaint and a CCA request. Then early December '09 they sent me a Statutory Demand, I sent a 2nd CCA request which they acknowledged but have not complied with. I'm in Court next Thursday for the set aside hearing :eek:

So sadly the issue isn't resolved yet, but hopefuly will be very soon.

I'm not sure if they purposely ignore correspondence they receive, or if they are just totally incompetent...I peronally think both.

The moral is NEVER TRUST THEM.

btw F&F offer is full and final offer.

• Haha 1

Thank you Zimmie for the information.

How do I go about writing the F&F letter? Or in fact reply to their letter as described above?

I dont want them to pile more charges ontop of the debt.

Sending this. Let me know if this would fine. Thanks.

"I write with reference to the money which you are claiming on the above account.

I can confirm that I am unable to offer to pay the money in full due to my financial and personal circumstances. However, I can raise £300 and I want to offer this as an ex-gratia payment in full and final settlement of the account. This offer is made on the clear understanding that, if accepted, neither you or any associate company will take any other action to enforce or pursue this debt in any way whatsoever and that I will be released from any liability.

I also request that, if accepted, you will mark any entry on a credit reference agency file relating to the above account as "satisfied" in full.

Payment can be made within 1 month of receiving your written agreement of this offer and method of payment.

I look forward to receiving your reply.

Yours faithfully"

akuma, I understand your desire to resolve matters speedily. However, before rushing to make a F&F to them I do think you should have confirmed that they do now legally own the debt.

Their first letter says they have bought the debt. Therefore I believe you should have recieved a Notice of Assigment, either from them, but more convincingly (if you get my drift) from the original creditor. Could others please confirm that?

I would hate for you to give CapQuest your money only to discover that someone else came along later and told you they had no right to it. Unfortunately in this "game" (I do slightly hestitate to call it that because it is about people's money, livelihoods, hopes and aspirations) you do learn to work slowly towards your goal.