Have Lloyds TSB shown prejudice by mis-selling me their PPI?

Scatty1985
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5224 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I’ve begun thinking about whether Lloyds TSB have shown prejudice toward my agreement by mis-selling my their Loan Protection Insurance.

I read this article and realised that the PPI I was mis-sold is also a Lloyds TSB product. At the time of taking the loan out I was told that I would not have the loan agreed unless I included their PPI because I was young.

The loan was taken out in June 07 and the agreement is not signed by either myself or Lloyds TSB. I am aware that s.127(3) does not apply in this case since I took out my loan after april 07 however, perhaps there are avenues I could explore regarding unfair relationships or prejudice because of the way the PPI was sold and the fact it is one of their products.

So far Lloyds TSB have made me an offer to settle the complaint about the mis-sold PPI but it is not in line with the FOS redress recommendations. I intend to write back to them with the letter at the bottom of this tread.

I've started this as a new thread so that it does not get confused with my other PPI thread.

Thanks

So far Lloyds TSB have made me an offer to settle the complaint about the mis-sold PPI but it is not in line with the FOS redress recommendations. I intend to write back to them with the letter at the bottom of this tread.

How did you go about making the complaint, and getting them to offer to settle it?

I first complained that the agreement was unenforceable because it was not signed by either party. For some reason they passed this complaint onto the insurance side of things who looked into my account and made an offer settle the complaint regarding PPI, even though I'd never actually mentioned any issue with PPI!

I’ve not yet signed or accepted any offers from them...

well i wouldn't accept their offer without geting it checked first. by say using the ppi calculator

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yea that’s pretty much what the letter says. They have made a PPI offer in line with the FOS but they want me to sign a document accepting the offer as a full and final settlement of the complaint. I'm guessing if I do that I won’t have a leg to stand on when it comes to the agreement.

Would it be better to write to them and point this out? I'm guessing I would have to initiate legal action against them and get a decent solicitor to take a look at my agreement and case... Where would be a good place to find a decent solicitor?

Does the offer outway or clear what you have outstanding? and were you or are you making montly payments for it up to date?

I will start a new thread if needed, but if you have had many loans, one clearing the prior one etc..... Do they give you the PPI back each time you take out a new one?

Say for example a 7 year loan, you have paid for 7 years upfront, then 4 years into it you take a new loan and clear the old one, what happens to the 3 years of pre-paid PPI you have not used?

Edited by NGEddie
text change

Yea that’s pretty much what the letter says. They have made a PPI offer in line with the FOS but they want me to sign a document accepting the offer as a full and final settlement of the complaint. I'm guessing if I do that I won’t have a leg to stand on when it comes to the agreement.

Would it be better to write to them and point this out? I'm guessing I would have to initiate legal action against them and get a decent solicitor to take a look at my agreement and case... Where would be a good place to find a decent solicitor?

no do it yourself.

did they give you breakdown of how they calc'd the refund? if not, write and ask for a breakdown.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Does the offer outway or clear what you have outstanding? and were you or are you making montly payments for it up to date?

I will start a new thread if needed, but if you have had many loans, one clearing the prior one etc..... Do they give you the PPI back each time you take out a new one?

Say for example a 7 year loan, you have paid for 7 years upfront, then 4 years into it you take a new loan and clear the old one, what happens to the 3 years of pre-paid PPI you have not used?

no they don't! thats how they con you!

and they charge int twice! and ppi on ppi!

you need to start your own thread in the ppi forum and readthe stickie 'notes for claimants' at the top.

dx

and they