What's your longest call?

F_DCAs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5238 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I may have posted this before (if so, it was a while back), but I'm interested to know how long you've got away with keeping a DCA on the phone with the sole purpose of antagonising them.

My personal best is 43 minutes 52 seconds (to Intrum). Being that they're not very good at answering questions - specifically 'Why can't you contact EBay? They're your clients!' - this is why the call lasted as long as it did.

And I had to make sure I called 2 minutes before they knocked off for the evening, just to annoy them all the more. Boot on the other foot, and all that.

Can anyone beat my record?

I may have posted this before (if so, it was a while back), but I'm interested to know how long you've got away with keeping a DCA on the phone with the sole purpose of antagonising them.

My personal best is 43 minutes 52 seconds (to Intrum). Being that they're not very good at answering questions - specifically 'Why can't you contact EBay? They're your clients!' - this is why the call lasted as long as it did.

And I had to make sure I called 2 minutes before they knocked off for the evening, just to annoy them all the more. Boot on the other foot, and all that.

Well I certainly can't. I never ring them and on the rare occasions when they get to ring me it usually last as long as it takes to tell them foxtrot oscar.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Pick phone up; drop phone down.

Ah, well you just beat me for the shortest call then.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

Wasting phone monkeys' time is good; their supervisors will be listening in (& b0llocking them) if they exceed their 'wrap time', and it all contributes to them not meeting targets.

I have had the odd call lasting a few minutes. I really ripped into some woman from the Halifax one night and I actually felt quite sorry for her - I think she was new to the job. I demanded her full name and told her I was going to sue her personally for harassment. The funny thing was, I could hear her supervisor through her own headset. I can't remember exactly what I said but it was along the lines of "and you can tell that silly cow to shut up!".

I seem to have got my situation wrapped up so tightly now that I never get calls any more - they all have my dmclub number as a contact and all I ever get are messages.

Fred

Good form from all, nice reading on a long cold night shift ;)

Question for Fred - what's a dmclub number? My phone provider kindly provided a free second line as a "longstanding customer" and this handles any calls I get at present (having had a nightmare of up to 20 calls a day across all my liabilities) but I am always on the lookout for a plan B (in case they get hold of my primary number again!).

I would go the truecall route but cannot afford it so if you another internet based solution and don't mind sharing would be interested.

MJC 007.5 :cool:

Advice or opinions offered by mjc 007.5 are personal, offered in good faith and without prejudice or liability. Your decisions and actions are your own and should you be in any doubt then please seek the opinion of a fully qualified and insured professional

:) If you think I have helped you please feel free to click on my scales :)

Not quite in the same category but I had a call on my mobile (freshly-charged battery) which the caller forgot to hang up. Perhap their automated system had a glitch.

Anyway, my phone died with a flat battery about 4 hours later.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

I went through a phase ( I do that a lot) where I would answer the phone in the style of:

a pirate which lasted about 10 minutes or so, but one can only say ARRRRRR and the like for so long,

I think the longest one though was when I simply said "and" in reply to everything they said for about 15 minutes or so, it was very enjoyable listening to their voice changing pitch as they became more and more frustrated.

It must have been the 1/2 hour call I had to Robinson Way when Hayley Felton said that she would get the CCA (which never existed in the first place) from Capital One and it would take a couple of weeks, that was back in the summer.

It was during that call I informed her that I got more sense from talking to my puppets than her! She was not amused!!!

Had a 'We are still awaiting info from our clients' back in September but not a dickey bird since.

Perhaps I will make a New Years resolution to continue chasing everyone as hard as they chased me... could be quite easily set up to be 'automated' as well....

NO and why would I waste my time ringing pond life.

Writing letters annoys much much more than any 45 min call.

send them letters that ask specific points, proberbly takes them close to two hours to process, write a reply, check it and do the admin.

Much more productive.

PLUS WHAT IS THE GOLDEN RULE...................ALTOGETHER NOW...................NEVER RING A DCA...............NEVER............EVER

We live in an unmoderated country why should the net be any different?

Bring back free speech we miss it!

I'm not saying you should ring them, UTN - I don't believe I'm encouraging anyone else to do so, either. I'm merely recalling a past experience (this was a while ago).

I know what such companies are like, and there's no chance they can out-argue me, or tell me about the law, or persuade me to pay them, or that they hold any power over me whatsoever.

It certainly annoyed the guy concerned ('Douglas'). I knew I was getting to him in a big way - he went through shouting (and me shouting back in a sarcastic way, which only worked him up more), and at several points, he sounded close to tears.

Maybe because he'd realised he'd missed his bus, or something. He'd even accused me of making fun of his name (I hadn't, but I thought I'd feed into this as well).

No wonder IJ's headed down the toilet - their staff can't finish calls. Even when they're being baited.

I think the longest call I have made was when I was trying to report Cabot. The OFT said speak to trading standards, trading standards said speak to the financial ombudsman and the FO said speak to the OFT.

I beleive the call was something like:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGG

GGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

It must have been the 1/2 hour call I had to Robinson Way when Hayley Felton said that she would get the CCA (which never existed in the first place) from Capital One and it would take a couple of weeks, that was back in the summer.

It was during that call I informed her that I got more sense from talking to my puppets than her! She was not amused!!!

Had a 'We are still awaiting info from our clients' back in September but not a dickey bird since.

Perhaps I will make a New Years resolution to continue chasing everyone as hard as they chased me... could be quite easily set up to be 'automated' as well....

I really do think there needs to be some sort of time limit on this 6 months 1 year? With the SB issue and SAR requiring 40 days etc why not CCA's?

I think this is where the problem lays it gives an open ended time scale and just opens the issue to abuse. Like re-selling of debts etc.