style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

get a letter from the doctor confirming that your dad suffered a stroke on Christmas eve send a copy to the bailiffs and ask them return the debt back to council administration

NATIONAL STANDARDS FOR ENFORCEMENT AGENTS may 2002

Those who might be potentially vulnerable include:

• the elderly;
  • people with a disability;
  • the seriously ill;
  • the recently bereaved;
  • single parent families;
  • pregnant women;
  • unemployed people; and,
  • those who have obvious difficulty in understanding, speaking or reading English

send a copy to the council along with a copy of the letter you sent to Jacobs

get a letter from the doctor confirming that your dad suffered a stroke on Christmas eve send a copy to the bailiffs and ask them return the debt back to council administration

I would also send a copy of the letter to the Council and follow that up with a phone call just to make sure they have read and understood the contents. Make sure you speak to someone in authority though as those on the front line cannot deviate fromthe script or make decisions. A word with your local Councillor would not go amiss and of course mentioning the press may be an idea.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

hey,

just a little update here.

I still have not recieved anything back from jacobs, the police or the council.

i dont know what todo now :S i phoned my local police station today to see if the crime had been logged but it wasnt on the system.

Any ideas what i should do now?

do you think its an idea to phone jacobs and ask for a list of charges?

Thanks

hey,

just a little update here.

I still have not recieved anything back from jacobs, the police or the council.

i dont know what todo now :S i phoned my local police station today to see if the crime had been logged but it wasnt on the system.

Any ideas what i should do now?

do you think its an idea to phone jacobs and ask for a list of charges?

Thanks

I would start by chasing the Council particularly with regards to your father. In view of the time that has lapsed you need to involve your local Councillor immediately - doesn't matter it is now late Friday pm contact them now.

Police probably aren't interested as you have no proof of being overcharged, you need to remind the bailiff's they still haven't complied with your request for a statement - do this via email.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Jacobs response to the INTENT TO USE A LOCKSMITH WILL BE

standard letter.

That is the excuse i got from the Manager on Friday over the letter i recieved from them.

Another thing the minute they realise that it is you and not your father conversing with them they will stop dealing with you.

You will need to get written authorisation from your father that you can act as his agent...............and send it to them and all those in the loop

its readable

the levy fee

header H fee

van/attendance none of these fees can be charged as there has been no levy

does your dad own a car (won't be the first time a bailiff has levied a car and not left a notice of seizure & inventory )

follow ploddertoms advice about getting the council involved

then there can be no levy as dad does not own a car

also the bailiffs must leave a notice of seizure at the time of levy

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bailiffs-sheriff-officers/241840-bailliff-seized-company-car-8.html#post2706407

post 151 has a copy of a notice of seizure (Jacobs)

From the charges the bailiff company are saying that they made two visits in October and at the visit in December they levied upon goods.

What goods did they levy upon...if any. This could be a car outside of the property.

they didn't levy anything. They left nothing to say that they have levied anything anyway.

Just phoned the Ministry of Justice Public Register of Bailiffs and they have no details of this bailiff on there system and also said they have had a few calls about this particular bailiff this week!

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/ex345.pdf

Certificated bailiffs — enforce a variety of debts on behalf of organisations such as local authorities. They can seize and sell your goods to cover the amount of the debt you owe. They also hold a

certificate, which enables them, and them alone, to levy distress for rent, road traffic debts, council tax and non-domestic rates. They cannot enforce the collection of money due under High Court or county court orders.

send an e-mail followed up by a letter to the council and Jacobs and ask them to confirm what date and court Mr xxxxx was certificated at you phoned the MOJ and according to them Mr xxxx is not a certificated bailiff and that they have had several enquires regarding Mr xxx

they didn't levy anything. They left nothing to say that they have levied anything anyway.

Just phoned the Ministry of Justice Public Register of Bailiffs and they have no details of this bailiff on there system and also said they have had a few calls about this particular bailiff this week!

I would suggest that you telephone Jacobs to ask them to confirm to you what goods were levied upon.

In addition, regarding the Head H fee of £24.50 this a referred to an a Redemption of Goods Fee. Can you ask them to CONFIRM IN WRITING where this fee is provided for in any statutory instrument !!!