style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5210 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

my first post and thanks for having me.

Had 2 calls today from a number 01706 833***

after googling it comes back to a rossendales

the thing is they didn't say who they were and on each occasion asked for my daughters

but my daughters don't live here there grown up and they got there own homes/addresses etc

there can only be one thing that this is about my wife and daughters were

customers of a old lady that ran a catalogue who recently totally lost her way with running this and the payments seemed to be messed up by her

we never missed any payments its only about 4 week ago my wife got a statement saying she owed about £500 but we have a statement from 5 weeks ago saying our balance is about £250 so she contacted the catalogue saying there balance is wrong and they were looking into it

not heard anything since

my wife and daughters details with this catalogue are under there own names & home addresses etc.

i rang the daughters today they haven't been contacted by anyone on there catalogue bills

we haven't received any calls from the 01706 number about the wife's account so i hope there still looking into the wrong balance

its only by chance they asked for the daughters and they weren't here visiting or i would have passed the phone to them

when i picked the phone up they just said e.g "hello is Julie there"

i could have easily passed the phone to them if they were here

how do i deal with rossendales with these calls that are not for me.

and how come there ringing me to speak to the daughter

im posting because after googling these rossendales dont have a good reputation after reading google results

p.s. this can only be a catalogue bill nothing to do with council tax etc

Thanks..

merry xmas & a happy new year all

they have copied Marsdons, running a debt collecting sideline.

But Marstons use the word "BAILIFFS" on its notepaper - which misleads the recipient into believing they are instructed as bailiff and not as a debt collector.

The next generation Nintendo Wii - the Nintendo Puu

ty.ppl

they have been ringing for the daughter she don't live here

they haven't been to the house or sent any mail.

so what can i do about this debt collector who's after information

but that's nothing to do with me.? they all ready have the info there after

Thanks

Thanks all

i will see how it goes with the calls they may drop off now Xmas is here

i never divulge anything over the phone.

if they don't reply to who they are if i ask "who is ringing plz"

i don't tell anyone anything. its not for me to pass anyone's info on over the phone just to be safe from identity theft data protection.etc

they don't say who they are its stuff like

"tell her its Brenda she'll know who it is"

i just caught on to who it was via 1471 and the callers number was not withheld

again thanks all

Hi.Again.

hope you all had a good day yesterday,

i will continue on this thread.as my first post catalogue debt

This thread seems to have a situation i have The original post about a catalogue and phone calls and spammers reply.

not sure about starting a new thread to combine it all together

after reading spammers reply ^ about phone calls.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/235076-eos-solutions-re-catalogue.html

On from the original situation

we not had any calls from rossendales again yet its seems to have gone the otherway would rossendales have passed it back to the catalogue ppl (Littlewoods) ?

now on the 24th dec we got 4 calls from a ShopDirect and a Littlewoods

on a 0800 number again asking for the Daughter they confirmed who they were when i asked who was calling again i told them they have the information they need.

there was 2 calls in the morning i didn't log the exact times of these

but the 2 in the afternoon i did,on the last call i told then to stop ringing

as this is my number I dont want this harassment and i'm registered with the (TPS) Telephone Preference Service

they said they will look at there info and database

Because i wrote the information down on a notepad about the calls in the afternoon the wife has seen this and has got herself in a bit of a state

about the catalogue debt etc she's been talking about the bailiffs losing and more so about losing her Bed etc

i'm trying to calm her down.

she's a chronic diabetic and its not under control at all.she's had a operation on the arteries in her legs that hasn't worked she has no circulation in her lower legs and feet and part of her illness condition she spends hours a sleep in the bed

she can't deal with this.looks like i'll take them on

again we not had any calls for the wife about this but its getting her down

what i did find interesting yesterday is the daughter thinks that

littlewoods has been putting pressure on there agent (the old lad) and they have sent the agent what seems to be a credit agreements as there was none and littlewoods have asked there agent to hand these out to her customers telling her she must get her customers to sign these.

i can confirm we and the daughter haven't had any such things sent to our house's.to initially sign on

if they have done this i'm sure the agent wont have any idea how to explain what these are to her customers before anyone signs anything

if this has happened is it legal the way they have done this.

i cant ask the wife as she's not up yet,so im not sure if she has signed anything

Thank You

Can I suggest that if your daughter has run up a catalogue debt, she contacts the catalogue company directly, gives them her address, makes it clear that she no longer resides at your address and talks to them making an arrangement to pay what she owes.

That is not his problem, its not for him to volunteer information about his daughter, the tracing work is the debt collectors job, and its her daughter that must make arrangements to pay whart she owes.

The next generation Nintendo Wii - the Nintendo Puu

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.Again

The catalogue and rossendales have all the details they need about my daughter.

Again yesterday and today they have rang again for her they wont listen and keep asking who lives here and what address they are ringing.

i won't disclose anything to them over the phone i have 4 times now logged when they have rang

i'm registered with The Telephone Preference Service (TPS)

will making a complaint to them stop these people.

Thanks.

Hi all

If Rossendales are now acting as a "DCA" it shows that Caggers have obviously started to "Hurt" their Bailiff recovery process business model.

Thanks to all Caggers who have posted valuable info on what these wretched people CAN and CANNOT do and how to deal with them.

Thanks to Caggers I've managed to beat these people so they are defeatable.

Incidentally the next time you get a phone call from these people ask them some security question - and when they fail it as they will (just make up some question they can't possibly know such as when was your great great aunts wedding day) say - sorry I only answer the phone to my friends / relatives.

It's nice to turn the security device back against them. - BTW log dates and times of calls as there is plenty of info on these forums of how to deal with harrassing calls.

Cheers

jimbo

If you can, it helps others if you log their telephone number with their identity into whocallsme.com

Thanks -- great Idea -- more of that sort of stuff should be available -- at least its one way of getting back at these thugs and bullies.

"The Worm has finally Turned" -- let 2010 be the WORST year yet in the history of DCA's, and Baillif's -- the whole stinking business needs radical change both for Debtors and Creditors -- we might not like it but we DID owe the money originally.

Of course what really gets people's backs up are the LIES, THREATS, EXTORTIONATE charges etc especially levied against people who can least afford it.

Cheers

jimbo

Hi.

Nintendo/Jimbo

Iv'e done that to help others out with the number.ty

They have been at it again on the phone.wont listen and are after peoples personal details over the phone

would i be within my rights to report these to the

Information Commissioners Office.Data protection etc ?

are these rossendales allowed to keep ringing and asking for peoples personal details ?

i will not give anyone's details over the phone ever.so they can ring as many times as they want.

Thanks

This is a template I found, so just alter it to your needs. send anything recorded delivery.

Dear Sir or Madam

Harassment by telephone

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only. [if you Want Them to]

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded. (**Even if you don‘t yet have recording equipment!!**)

Yours faithfully,

print do not sign your name

Thanks for that hallowitch

I won't be out until Wednesday now so i will get a letter prepared will i have to put my name address Tel Number etc on the letter.

i don't fancy giving them my details i do have a few times dates etc i have logged could these go in the letter.?

Thanks all for your reply's