• Tweets

• Good Evening, I've got a fairly simple question but I'll provide some context incase needed. I've pursued a company that has operations in england despite them having no official office anywhere. I've managed to find a site they operate from and the papers there have been defended so I know they operate there. They've filed a defence which is honestly the worst defence ever, and despite being required to provide their witness evidence, they have not and have completely ignored the courts and my request for copies of it. I'm therefore considering applying to strike out their defence on the grounds the defence was rubbish and that they haven't provided any evidence for the trial. However, it has a trial date set for end of june, and a civil application wouldn't get heard until a week before then, so hardly worth it. However, my local court is very good at dealing with paper applications (i.e ones that don't need hearings, and frankly I think they are literally like 1-2 days from when you submit it to when a Judge sees it. I'm wondering if I can apply to strikeout a defence without a hearing OR whether a hearing is required for a strikeout application.   Thanks
    • I have just opened another bank acc with lloyds (i have a few already) After doing some research they may have some relation to tsb or be apart of the same group will this cause me issue if my salary is paid into my lloyds account? Also, if the debts do go into default and nothing is paid then after 6 years it all goes away? As the DCAs cannot do anything? I do want to start paying in like 3/4 months or do you advise I leave it if it goes into default? again sorry for all the questions, i am just processing everything
    • one reply only  follow post 2 of letter of claim <<clickme link. dx
    • Sorry, I got confused  Yes, it states all three   Thanks, 
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

EGG LOAN AGREEMENT - Is it ok?

jamcatella
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5237 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am hoping someone can help - I have received my loan agreement back from Egg and am not sure if it is ok or not.

I am currently being chased by DCL (part of Egg) for the outstanding loan balance and they have given me the option of paying 75% as an F&F or paying the arrears and going back to the monthly payments - however due to the change in our circumstances we can no longer afford to make the monthly payments - we were originally in negotiations with egg at paying 25% as an F&f and we're given the impression by 2 different members of staff that this was likely to be excepted but overnight they changed their policies - I am currently at a loss as to what to do as cant afford either option.

I would be really greatful if anyone can take a look at the agreement and advice

many thanks

Egg01.jpg

Egg02.jpg

Hi J.

Too small to see. Can you re-post.

M

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

Bumping...........;)

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

hi J.

For the agreement to be 'Properly Executed' it must contain;

1. A heading in the prescribed form giving the nature of the agreement

2. The name and address of both the debtor and creditor

3. Financial Information

4. A statement of your rights

5. A signature box in the prescribed form

If an agreement has any of these items missing, it is not properly executed. yours appears to have all of these.

A properly executed agreement is enforceable except in two cases where it may not be:

a) if the debtor's rights were not in the agreement and they were not sent to him/her within 7 days.

b) if the agreement is not legible

IMO opinion this is a properly executed and enforceable agreement.

I have acquired this info from the thread below>>>>

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/162851-consumer-credit-agreements-guide.html as no-one seems to have taken a peek for you. Have a look and see what you think, but seems OK to me.

Might want to leave it up for further opinions though.

M

Hi,

(MandM Got your PM)

Dependant on how the agreement was signed will make a difference to this bearing in mind I'm not too good with Egg agreements. Most of the agreement looks fine but there is no right of cancellation.

I was under the impression that all loan agreements agreed by post should have a box about the right to cancel.

If the agreement was signed on business premises then that right is void.

A bit of clarification would help. Did you do the application via phone and post?

Did they send you any notice of cancellation after you signed?

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

J,

if 'affordability' is an issue in itself, perhaps a different approach may be needed! I assume, as a DCA is involved, that your credit file is already trashed.

Bear in mind that a CC will only make you pay what you can reasonably afford to pay (per month). The DCA knows this!!! Therefore, that is all you will need to offer.

If you need help to look at this as an option i'd be happy to point you in the right direction as i've gone this route myself (as have many others on this forum).

In the meantime further help may come with regards the agreement and it will give you the opportunity to post up more info such as the DN, which may also give you some scope. Have they terminated the agreement yet?

M

PS thanks fox

Edited by MandM
added ps

Thanks for your responses,

M&M - I think we will have to go in with means statements and a monthly payment offer - although they didnt give this as an option. Does anyone know whether they will want the arrears paid before agreeing to this?

Silverfox - We applied online so the agreemnets would have come in the post - I dont remember whether we did receive notice of cancellation.

Thanks

OK. with regards to I & E I like the template on the National Debtline site. It's quite a simple one to use and comfy for fiddling around with it until you're happy.

Make sure you put down what you require fully for your normal life - mortgage/rent, rates, utilities, food, clothing, travel. some say you can even put £50/month as holiday savings!!

In the other bit put ALL your creditors - they are only entitled to their portion - they cannot demand more to the disadvantage of others. The form will work out what you can afford - and whether they agree or not that's all a court is likely to give them (and they know that).

It will work it out in relation to what you pay them monthly normally and includes the arrears.

Despite what they'll try and convince you, you do not have to produce wage slips etc. None of their business!!!

In the meantime, start posting up further paperwork relevant to the debt, particularly the DN.

You may want to take this opportunity to throw more (or all) of your creditors into the hat now. If so, then start a thread for each one as it develops and you'll get lots of help and support on here with how to deal with them.

Keep all letters (and envelopes) from now on and avoid telephone contact - keep it in writing. I promise it gets easier. ;)

Here's a collection of letters that you may find handy. Use them, try and get interest reduced or stopped where you can. Once you know your way around the site a bit then someone will tell you how to find your way around the templates library.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Good luck and Merry Christmas

M