• Tweets

• Thank you Bankfodder, your knowledge and advice are very valuable.   I have taken the car to a few independent body shops in my area who are all of the same opinion, although I told them what was stated by the dealer, they have not seen the video walk round. So, if necessary, an independent to assess both the car bonnet and the advertisement is very helpful piece of advice. As I stated to the dealer, I was happy to continue to search for a cheaper price. I have since found a couple of body shops who will do the works at a slightly cheaper price.   I have only received advice concerning my Consumer Rights on this, which I sought after correspondence with the dealer. I was informed that this falls under “Public statements such as those in advertising or on labelling, made by the trader, the producer or their representative about the vehicle, must be accurate.” Additionally, that irrespective of initially accepting £150 and rejecting a refund, the remedies must not be of inconvenience to me and must constitute full cost of rectifying the issue. However, I was not aware of how a Court would assess the issue or indeed the rewards process. This has helped me gain a greater perspective from an objective viewpoint.   I have never wanted anything but the car in the condition as described, if I could get the bonnet resprayed leaving it in the condition as advertised I would do so. I have also been told that a colour match can not be guaranteed and advised to blend into the wings. This is a further cost I was not aware of, and do not expect the dealer to pay for this as I thought that only fair. As it turned out my contribution would amount to over £180, when I was led to believe I was going to be contributing £50. I do of course have the option of getting the bonnet sprayed with no blending into the wings, but don’t want this to be glaringly obvious, so currently unsure.   I’m sure many would have just sent the car back. However, on this occasion I had a specific model I was searching for due to reading up on MK6 Golfs (VW Golf 1.4TSI Match) within a certain budget. I was seeking a minimum of two owners (ideally one), full service history, great condition for year and a dealer with great Google reviews. This one was the closest to me I had found, and the video walk round sold it to me straight away. I thought I was just lucky or it was meant to be considering it had been on the market since June.   I have now also arranged to have the car to be checked over next week for peace of mind upon your advice.   Update: I called the AA mediation team first thing Friday morning to accept the extra contribution of £112.50 from the dealer, should this still be on the table. I decided that the time spent and the stress this was causing was too much. I have not heard anything back yet but will keep you posted.
    • @BankFodder do I send this letter to the data protection team or do I copy every person in it like last time?
    • OMG I can't stop laughing - in a hopeless sort of way.  Tomorrow I'm going somewhere which requires a negative LFT - done within the previous 48 hours and with the appropriate official notification.  First time I've had to do this. So - 'I' do the test 'I' scan in the QR code 'I' tick a box which declares a negative result I get the NHS notification to my phone saying I've tested negative.   Somebody please explain the point of the exercise to me.  Did I even need to bother sticking something up my nose?  I could probably have just scanned in a QR code without testing.
    • Indeed, it sounds like a really tough life. HMG could provide proper trck stops to make things easier for them, but of course it means spending money.
  • Our picks

Vanquis URGENT HELP NEEDED

dingwalldemon

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4270 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

My mum has just told me shes in debt to Vanquis to the tune of £2200

She has a £2k limit on the card.

They are now phoning her up at home and at work harrasing her saying she will have to pay more than the min payment.

Im going to start a claim for her £12 over limit charges.

Can anyone advise me how to get them to freeze the interest and get the £2200 repaid.

think her apr is 49.9% so obviously the min payment is nowhere near servicing the debt and each time she brings it below 2k the next months interest puts it back over.

Hi

My mum has just told me shes in debt to Vanquis to the tune of £2200

She has a £2k limit on the card.

They are now phoning her up at home and at work harrasing her saying she will have to pay more than the min payment.

Im going to start a claim for her £12 over limit charges.

Can anyone advise me how to get them to freeze the interest and get the £2200 repaid.

think her apr is 49.9% so obviously the min payment is nowhere near servicing the debt and each time she brings it below 2k the next months interest puts it back over.

Hi if she has many charges then she can claim them back plus interest at the same rate as she has been charged by them.

dpick

cannot find it A to Z

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Halifax :D

Paid in full £2295

MBNA:mad: 20/03/2008 settled in full out of court

Capital One:D

07/07/2007 Capital one charges paid in full £1666

19/01/2008 recovered PPI £2216 + costs

Littlewoods :-D

12/08/2007 write off £1176.10 debt.

JD Williams charges refunded in full £640

• 3 weeks later...

well you first need to know all the charges & p'haps if she has mis-sold PPI?

unless you have all the statements, then an SAR is surely in order?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...