Minster Baywatch PCN Claimform Company Car Park - Used GF's car without permit showing

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4924 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hmmmm Ok. I was however quite enthused by the following thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/119917-private-parking-tickets-template.html

I am not panicking though :)

Using this site, I got all my bank charges back (before they all got stayed). What happened to me has happened to loads of my collegaues. What I an trying to achieve is opening up the door for all of my collegaues to claim their charges back from this sly little company and bring them down a peg.

www.myspace.com/idlejackandthebigsleep - THIS IS MY BAND! CHECK IT OUT!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After months of my girlfriend telling them that she wasn't liable

A template is fine, but this infers she got into some sort of dialogue with them? She must have done if she named you as the driver!

You can reason with banks. You can't reason with Minster Baywatch! (wonder if Pammy works for them?)

She did

She palmed it off onto me though cos she was spinning out about her credit rating etc. I did try to tell her otherwise but she wasn't having it.

They know it was me but I don't really care to be honest. In light of this, do you agree with the templates or should I just ignore them?

I would completely ignore.

Because you've had contact, they know there's somebody hooked on the end of their fishing line. It just means they may pester you for longer.

There's nothing to be gained by contacting them - they won't stop and give up because of your letter.

On the other hand, you're welcome to pester *them* by sending them demanding letters asking them to demonstrate how they think there is any debt.

Your girlfriend shows how easy these people make their money. If she had been driving, no doubt she would have paid up.

She most certainly would have paid up.

I think I will send them a few letters from the template library and push them to show me how they think they can justifiably give me a penalty charge for parking in my work's car park.

Rob

• 5 months later...

It's obviously been a long time since I last posted here but I recently received a letter from MB after having written this letter:

Ref: 

Your Ref: 

Received on 6th January 2009.

Dear Sir/Madam

I am writing to contest your recent accusation and the subsequent request for payment of a penalty charge of £130. The charge occurred in the private car park looking onto Trustmarque House on Monks Drive.

I am an employee of Trustmarque Solutions and have a parking permit to prove that this is so.

On the day that I received your penalty charge, I had borrowed my girlfriend’s car due to mine having been in need of repair.

I forgot to replace the permit and thus received the fine. I trust that the provision of evidence (i.e. my valid permit) will be sufficient to negate this penalty charge.

Having spoken to colleagues however, that have filed appeals against identical claims by you, I anticipate that you will refuse to honour my appeal (as is standard practice as far as I am aware).

By law, the issuer of a penalty charge must be able to prove that damages were caused against the complainant. Seeing as I am allowed to park my vehicle in the car park on a daily basis leads me to believe that you will most likely find it difficult to prove such damages.

In addition to the above, I understand from having researched companies such as yours that your “penalty charge” is purported to have been issued with the force of law behind it. I now believe this not to be the case.

Would you please advise me what statute(s) and/or judicial precedent enable you to enforce this penalty against me anyway.

In the meantime I absolutely deny your claim that the amount claimed, or any amount at all, is due to you from me.

Yours Faithfully

Well they came back and said all the usual rubbish about the fact that I was in breach of a contract and that the fine relates to not displaying the permit (irrespective of the fact that i am permit holder of said car park). No reference has been made to their legal standing (I assume because they haven't got one).

They reckon the fine still stands. Interestingly, they asked a debt collect agency to follow this up for them and the cost has gone down to £100 from £130. The letter came just a few days ago threatening me court action of I didn't pay up.

Any ideas of what I should do next?

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah well I had to tell them it was me cos my girlfriend was going spare. She is one of the majoirty that would pay such a fine without question immediately and was scared stiff of going to prison.

Its a great pity that far too many people in this country get one letter from a DCA and think the next step is that they will be hauled off to a dark cell for the rest of their days :(

your question > will they send the baliff's to my house

they cant , it has to got to court and get a judgement against you before a bailiff can get involved,

and the chance of a PPC going to court, well read the hundreds of posts on this,

typical drivel they spout

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

Thanks for the advice folks. The reason I am abut cagey about this is that I have spent quite a bit of time cleaning up my credit history. I don't want anything to adversely affect it at this stage. There are a number of templates that you can send to solicitors about this but you folks seem to think that ignoring it is the best way forwards. Is it not worth sending one of these letters?

Thanks for the advice folks. The reason I am abut cagey about this is that I have spent quite a bit of time cleaning up my credit history. I don't want anything to adversely affect it at this stage. There are a number of templates that you can send to solicitors about this but you folks seem to think that ignoring it is the best way forwards. Is it not worth sending one of these letters?

The only thing that will affect your credit rating is if they get a CCJ.

Based on their past court performances, this seems unlikely!!

Also, the alleged debt is now down to £100. If it makes it to court it will be small claims so they're not going to be able to levy thousands of pounds of legal costs!!

I wouldn't worry about it...the ball is in their court...or carpark as the case may be!!;)

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More