another travel company gone ......

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5241 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Allbury Travel Group, which traded as Libra Holidays, Argo Holidays and JetLife, ceased trading with 100 holidaymakers still abroad and about 4,000 customers with forward bookings, according to the Civil Aviation Authority.

The Hertfordshire-based firm operated air package holidays and flights out of Gatwick, Manchester, Newcastle, Birmingham and Leeds Bradford airports to Greece, Cyprus and Egypt, and sold mainly through travel agents.

Travellers turned up expecting to fly out for their Christmas breaks on Saturday, only to be told the company had gone into administration at midnight.

Laura Tardelli, 35, from east London, saw her week-long break to Taba Heights in Egypt ruined after she arrived with a friend at Gatwick Airport.

She said: "My friend and I turned up at the check-in desk to be told there was a problem. We at first thought it was to do with the weather but the lady explained that the company had gone into administration at midnight."

"We were told they would have to buy another ticket to get back. I feel totally miffed. The company must have known before midnight that it was going into administration. There's been no emails, no letters, nothing from them to let us know," she added.

Allbury Travel Group's website could not be accessed