RONIDOG

Lowell Help Please

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3583 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi received a letter today saying my account has been put on hold and i will receive no communication from the collections agency while they look into it,but this letter was from red and all previous letters were from lowells.I know they are the same company but is this not a bit strange?

You are near to the end of your problems with the Leeds losers. This is their pre surrender letter.

Dont worry as to whether the letter comes from Lowells, Red or Hamptons as they are one and the same. It depends which paper the monkey loads the threatomatic with. Basically you get the same crap on different notepaper.

theres always guests on the Lowell threads...watch out!

2 on this one and 1 on the thread above...:D

CAG Depends Purely Upon Donations. Please help us to continue helping you, and give what you can - Thank you:grin:

Click to donate

Please click my scales, if you feel the need;)

It is wellknown that DCAs trawl these threads ;)

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

It is wellknown that DCAs trawl these threads ;)

Thats because people are wise to their empty threats and ignore them more often now. We are hitting the threat monkeys where it hurts. In their pockets.

Finally got a letter of lowells saying the account is now closed,also had a letter for a cap one card which is now closed after i stat barred it also of red.Today i had a letter of muck hall after an old mbna loan which is also stat barred so ive sent them the letter. also had a letter of 1st credit asking if i was the person who lived at the adress,so i guess i will be getting a letter of them soon for another stat barred debt lovely.

yes sooooooooooooo good to send a statute barred:D

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER.

SO PROUD OF MY AVATAR,THAT TOOK ME WEEKS TO WORK OUT HOW TO GET ONE.:lol:

PLZ CLICK MY SCALES IF YOU LIKE WHAT I SAY.

OR IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY.:smile:

Congrats Ronidig :) Feels good doesnt it

feels great

Glad to see you got a resolution here guys. My partner has exactly the same thing from a debt in 2003 so I have printed out the stat barred letter for her to send to them.

The only difference is they have registered a default against her which shows up on her credit report. Once they give in does the default automatically dissapear?

If not how do we go about removing it?

Thanks!

Hard Working, Hard Drinking, Hard Done By!

Hi I hope you don't mind me adding to this thread I'm simply adding to this as it's a pretty new thread. Basically I would like some advice. I will try and keep this brief. I have a debt which I believe was paid back if full or almost to Tmobile back in 2007. Now a default has been registered on my credit filelink3.gif with a default date of November 2007 under Lowell Portfolio. Last updated November '09. Now I have been doing a lot of reading over the last 6 months on this site particularly and am pretty up on the Subject access requestlink3.gif request the fact that Mobile contracts do not really have coVerage under CCA and the fact that I can also send 'don't acknowledge debt to your company' and also debts are statute barredlink3.gif after 6 years Now my mind is thinking that the threatening letters from Lowell hold no real weight however they are quoting an Account no. and I'm certainly not going to enter into phone conversations as I believe these get you knowwhere. Now my partner has just had all her debts sorted out with a third party and has managed to agree to paying everything back at £1 per month but I'm thinking if I drop all principles I could do this the debt stated is just under £500 but I was kind of wanting to hold out as the debt will drop off after 6 yearslink3.gif and am I right in thinking that the last payment I make will start the clock at 6 yearslink3.gif again. Now Tmobile on the phone simply say the debt has been passed on and don't acknowledge it being satisfied or the amount. So would anyone reccomend whether I should Subject access requestlink3.gif T mobile I only see the point in doing this if they are obliged to say when and who the debt was sold to if it actually was because if there was balance I don't believe it was even a tenth of what is being asked. Or sould I Subject access requestlink3.gif Lowell and risk them playing hard ball and not really sending me anything and probably even making up documents I'm worried that because it's a phone contract being disputed I won't have a leg to stand on in court as they won't need to provide as much documentation. - Please help!!

£1 a month debt repayment and risk longer damage to credit reportlink3.gif or

Subject access requestlink3.gif T mobile or

Subject access requestlink3.gif Lowell or

Subject access requestlink3.gif both or

Just ignore and wait for it to drop of credit report

I'm thinking if I send correspondence it could open up a can of worms i.e an actual individual will make it their objective to pursue this rather than this perhaps just being system generated bumf!

HELP!!

user_online.gifreputation.gif report.gif progress.gif

Another thought do you think I should enter enter into negotiations to have this settled at a reduced rate I would pay £50 or so to have this settled on my credit report I f anyone thinks this is worth it I will point out my credit score is horrible at the moment and no currenyt credit but want to get some as I can now afford i! Are they obliged to update my credit report or might they say thanks for the payment and can we have the rest now!

Just one other thing my master plan is to clear my credit file and then get some pre paid credit cards and say a sim only phone contract and basically pay what I can afford to rebuild my credit I just can't face another 6 years of waiting:(