Advice on a letter please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6452 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The Halifax have written and told my daughter they do not agree with the figure, for charges, she has. Even so they have made her an offer, which is half the amount for the last 5 charges on the account. It was during this time that my girls relatioship broke up and she was waiting to start another job, it also the time that the bank, although knowing her situation, piled chagre after charge on. She wants to refuse this offer, how should we word our letter to them?

HI there,

I'm new to this, but I have seen advice on various threads that says write and accept the offer as PART PAYMENT ONLY and tell them you will be pursuing the balance according to the correct procedure (outlined on this site in the FAQs).

Good luck with it!

Lizzie R

First Data Protection Act Letter sent 1 August 2006

OD facility removed - 4 August

Odd 0870***** phone calls start to arrive - 10 today - 16 Aug

Phone calls ceased - 20 August

Acknowledgement of Data Protection Act request received - 22 August

Reminder sent re: Data Protection Act 3rd September

Statements received - 20th September

Calculated penalty charges to date - £2K

5 months of Missing Statements requested - 25th September

Claim letter sent for £2K - 4th November 06

Reply with a four week timescale received - 15th November 06

If I've managed to help anyone through the site, click on the scales and let me know... I need all the help I can get! xx

Try something like this.

Further to your letter of (insert date) with regard to your offer of £xxx.xx am prepared to accept this amount in partial payment of my claim but take note that I intend to pursue my claim for the remainder.

If it becomes necessary to commence legal proceedings then my claim at that time will include interest pursuant to statute and court costs.

I look forward to your reply.

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received