Every Cloud has a silver lining

spamheed
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5215 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My old mother has been living with us for a while, in fact ever since my Dad went onwards and upwards, and to be fair, despite our best efforts she has now retreated into her own little world where everyone is a relative and they all still play together on the bombsites, family reunions can be great.

Today I received a phone call from Cabot and was, to be honest a little distracted, so rather than the usual "in writing only" and then hanging up, I passed the phone to my mam and told her it was her (long dead)brother and my late uncle Raymond.

The idiot on the other end of the phone spent almost 20 minutes on the phone trying to explain to my mother that there aren't any bombs any more, England won the war, that margarine is freely available from Asda and that half a crown will not clear the debt, even if she does send it in tomorrows first post. I cut him before he could get any louder. I once had a similar call where all I said was "and" but this was so much more fun

Apart from their being a little confusion over Uncle Raymonds new "posh" accent, my mother was none the worst for the experience.

I really am going to have to get some kind of call recording set up

No aged mothers were harmed during the making of this post

• Haha 1

Do you mind if she moves here for a few days? There are some calls that need to be made ...

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)