Mike vs natwest 1st letter from S HiglEy

mikey_ryan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6460 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a letter today from Mr Stuart Higley on 3 days after i sent my letter.

is this the stand bogof letter

Thank you for your letter of 11 August 2006 and I apologise for any dissatisfaction caused by the application of charges to your account.

We believe that our charges ar6fair, reasonable and transparent. -We consider that the amounts debited to your account have been applied strictly in accordance with your agreement with us and our published tariff which, we are satisfied, complies with all applicable laws and regulations. We are also committed to ensuring the transparency of the information that we give to our customers about the operation of our products.

The bank is under no obligation to explain how its charges are calculated and we are not prepared to enter into any correspondence on this matter. The compilation is a confidential commercial matter.

We have considered the Office of Fair Trading's statement of 5 April 2006 and do not accept its findings in relation to the setting of credit card fees. We are concerned that the Office of Fair Trading has publicly called into question the setting of charges applied to other products, including current accounts. The Office of Fair Trading has restricted its investigation to credit cards and made no attempt to consult with the RBS Group or the industry in relation to other entirely different products.

Consequently, against that background, we must differ with the views you have expressed and will not be refunding any of the charges applied to your bank account.

Having reviewed your account, I can find no instance where charges have been applied when they were not properly due. They have all been associated with a lack of covering funds in the account at the time items were presented for payment. Accordingly, the charges that have been applied to your account must stand.

I am disappointed to note that you are contemplating legal action against the bank. Whilst I hope you will feel able to reconsider, should you decide to go ahead, please ensure that any Proceedings are served on our Registered Office address, which appears at the foot of this letter.

I suspect that this is unlikely to be the answer you might have hoped to receive but nonetheless thank you for taking the time and trouble to contact us

Credit Cards

Barclaycard -WON! Amex - WON! MBNA (x2) - WON!

Mint - WON! Monument - WON! Morgan Stanley - WON!

Egg - WON! Halifax - WON! Sainsbury's Bank - WON!

Citi Cards -WON!

Banks

08/06/06 Claim against NatWest started.

01/11/06 Case Closed :)

08/06/06 Claim against Halifax started

24/08/06 Case closed :)

Visit my forum: http://www.planet-watch.org/forum

Hi,

You do not need to respond to Natwest. You can file a claim on-line - MCOL (money claim on line) or you can apply to the courts to file a claim in person. MCOL is vry quick it does cost thought, depending on how much you are claiming. between £35 - £120. Your max claim should be under £5,000 to go through Small Claims Court. have you seen the libraries they have a copy of the appriate wording to send will all your correspondence. If you claim online you have limited word space and you cannot attach your spreadsheet, however this is not necessary at this stage. Once claim have been filed he court will send acknowledement that Natwest have been notified and if they are to enter a defence. This should take about a week. I'm not an expert but this is what worked for me. make sure you put the registered HO address in the claim and not you local branch. Good luck!! be brave.

Hunbun;)

Hi,

You do not need to respond to NatWest. You can file a claim on-line - MCOL (money claim on line) or you can apply to the courts to file a claim in person. MCOL is vry quick it does cost thought, depending on how much you are claiming. between £35 - £120. Your max claim should be under £5,000 to go through Small Claims Court. have you seen the libraries they have a copy of the appriate wording to send will all your correspondence. If you claim online you have limited word space and you cannot attach your spreadsheet, however this is not necessary at this stage. Once claim have been filed he court will send acknowledement that Natwest have been notified and if they are to enter a defence. This should take about a week. I'm not an expert but this is what worked for me. make sure you put the registered HO address in the claim and not you local branch. Good luck!! be brave.

Isobel: I was under the impression that mikey would have to send them a LBA (letter before action) before going to mcol?

Isn't the process - Prelim...LBA...mcol? I think mikey has only send had his reply from the prelim (correct me if i'm wrong) :-|

No once they decline your complaint then move onto the next step

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

The next step is LBA!

SS

Credit Cards

Barclaycard -WON! Amex - WON! MBNA (x2) - WON!

Mint - WON! Monument - WON! Morgan Stanley - WON!

Egg - WON! Halifax - WON! Sainsbury's Bank - WON!

Citi Cards -WON!

Banks

08/06/06 Claim against NatWest started.

01/11/06 Case Closed :)

08/06/06 Claim against Halifax started

24/08/06 Case closed :)

Visit my forum: http://www.planet-watch.org/forum

Mikey, send them the Letter before Action (LBA) and then you will probably get another letter from Mr Higley telling you to s*d off again. As soon as you receive a reply that is not positive then go straight ahead with your MCOL. There is no need to wait if they have replied and basically told you to s*d off again. You aren't going to get any other letter from him so don't hang around. This is what I did and many others too.

You'll get your money soon;)