towed after 3 minutes (LPC)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last night at 21:15 we parked on a private slab of concrete for about 3 - 4 minutes (literally) whilst we popped into tescos.

When we came back out a tow truck had started lifting the car onto the back of the truck - these guys were called London Parking Control.

We got fined £330 penalty charge, which I think is punitive for a 3 - 4 minute stop, especially at that hour of the day, and completely unproportionate.

We hadn't been given a chance to pay the fine and get it unclamped before 'towing'.

The car was never actually towed away. After discussion the clampers finished lifting on to truck so they could claim 'towing' charges and avoid the £125 limit for clamping.

We were only allowed to pay in cash.

Aggressive/ threatening/ intimidating/ provocotive behaviour by first clamper, he asked if I was going to kill him (video evidence).

Alchohol on breath of second clamper.

What should our next step be? And what do you guys think is our best argument to retrieve our money.

Thanks!

I just went back to look at the sign, however you look at it, it can't add up to £330!

Parking charge notice: £80 (£40 within 14 days)

Clamp release: £125 (£205 with parking charge notice)

Removal charge: £250

Storage charge: £35 (per day)

Payments by credit card are subject to a surcharge of £5 per transaction (we weren't allowed to pay on card - cash only).

It also states that their process is to remove the clamped car after 2 hours! The exceptions being if we theaten to remove clamps ourselves (definately didn't happen), or if the car is causing an obstruction - which also is not the case, as we were parked in a customer only bay of a closed and deserted luggage cash and carry shop at nine thirty at night, not obstructing anything.

I'm not sure how they can justify carrying out the whole process in around 200 seconds! and having it already mid air by the time we get back! They must have been waiting in the bushes.

have you got the name of the person on the receipt so i can check him out

did the sign say anything like

YOU AGREE TO PAY

OR

YOU AGREE TO ENTERING INTO A CONTRACT WITH LPC

DO YOU HAVE A PHOTO OF THE SIGN ON YOUR PHONE

have you got the name of the person on the receipt so i can check him out

did the sign say anything like

YOU AGREE TO PAY

OR

YOU AGREE TO ENTERING INTO A CONTRACT WITH LPC

DO YOU HAVE A PHOTO OF THE SIGN ON YOUR PHONE