Welcome are now officially dead and buried

RALALU
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4735 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Include your details and send them this

Re: Harassment by telephone

ACCOUNT NUMBER:

Dear Sirs

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls.

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded. (Even if you don‘t yet have recording equipment)

Yours faithfully,

Edited by Pitsy

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pitsy

Thanks it will be in the post today. Does anyone know if it is against Welcome company policy to let people have both secured and unsecured loans at the same time. I have heard it is?

my latest from welcome is a threatening call to my daughter yesterday telling her she was going to have to pay the outstanding amount.....charges they put on at the end for late payments....which they made her miss and admit they were at fault but say she still has to pay the charges even though it was their fault.......anyway she told them she wouldnt be paying any more as all her bank statments prove she has not missed any payments and the loan is paid in full....he was really nasty with her and said they loved customers like her who thought they could get away with paying them because they messed up the payment...said it was the way they made their money.....i have now told her to record any more calls she gets but not to answer at all if she cant record it......i am also just writing my letter to their cpmlaince dept asking for the subject access request, and telling them we will not be accepting any calls from them in future......but im still worried to death that these cowboys are gona get their way end and up us having to pay them....with the 45 per cent interest he says they will now be applying for every day she doesnt pay it.........i wanted to go straight down to the office and tell him where to go , untill my firend told me they are all big people that work there and would just throw me out of the shop.........so....would anyone please tell me......should we just pay.....or tell them to go to hell...........

Bev Walker:???:

my latest from welcome is a threatening call to my daughter yesterday telling her she was going to have to pay the outstanding amount.....charges they put on at the end for late payments....which they made her miss and admit they were at fault but say she still has to pay the charges even though it was their fault.......anyway she told them she wouldnt be paying any more as all her bank statments prove she has not missed any payments and the loan is paid in full....he was really nasty with her and said they loved customers like her who thought they could get away with paying them because they messed up the payment...said it was the way they made their money.....i have now told her to record any more calls she gets but not to answer at all if she cant record it......i am also just writing my letter to their cpmlaince dept asking for the subject access request, and telling them we will not be accepting any calls from them in future......but im still worried to death that these cowboys are gona get their way end and up us having to pay them....with the 45 per cent interest he says they will now be applying for every day she doesnt pay it.........i wanted to go straight down to the office and tell him where to go , untill my firend told me they are all big people that work there and would just throw me out of the shop.........so....would anyone please tell me......should we just pay.....or tell them to go to hell...........

Read your imput and am seeething that these loan sharks have tried to intimidate you. DONT LET THEM.

Threaten no don't threaten tell them that's what you are going to do.

a them with harrasment calls made by them, OFT and the Ombudsman tell them that until you have received CCA or whatever that the account is in dispute and you won't tolerate anymore calls.

Try and get hold of @Postggi' through google he's an ace for writing letters and very 'Ofay' with these gutter rats

i think ive done it .....lol...just tried sending you a privvate message but your in box is full so thank you for getting in touch....i was trying to contact you to ask if you would take a look at my post and give me any advise you can please.

Bev Walker:???:

I've got a court date :D

I'm suing them for unlawful repossession and unfair relationship.

6th May, can't bloody wait!! :-D

And im right behind you :D

papers going in as close to 20th as poss just waiting on a letter for evidence :) mine is unfair relationship and unlawful rescission :D

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Ha ha! that happened to me too but it all worked out for the best cos I ended up filing on April 1st lol! :-D

Well they have til 9am on 20th anyway so pigs may fly and ill get it in on 20th if not it will be next week for sure as soon as I have that letter :) Dammit for missing April 1st I would have loved that date :lol:

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

• 1 month later...

This company has more lifes than a cat!!

According to yesterdays announcements the board has put a proposal forawrd for the company to be bought for a measly £5million, if succesfull the company would then be owned and run by a ''charitable trust' WTF.

Long and short appears to be that if the company isn't sold in 12months it would be put into liquidation which then means its a devils own job recouping any debts still outstanding howvere if bought by this supposed charitable trust it can be run down for however many years to recoup all outstanding monies. The AGM is at the end of the month when the sharholders have to vote on the situation, a 75% approval is needed to agree the proposal and if so they will get a huge return of 1p/share....saving grace is that this company was worth £3 / share just over 18months ago!

See anouncement below:

RNS Number : 9240M

Cattles PLC

02 June 2010

2 June 2010

Cattles plc

Possible offer for Cattles plc ("Cattles")

As has previously been announced, Cattles has been in discussions for some time with representatives of its key financial creditors concerning a consensual restructuring of its liabilities.

One of the options being discussed with those representatives includes a proposal under which a newly incorporated company, formed and managed by a corporate service provider and ultimately owned by a charitable trust, would make an offer to acquire the entire issued share capital of Cattles (which would be effected by a shareholder scheme of arrangement).

Given the existing deficit in shareholders' funds and the significant losses Cattles' financial creditors will incur, Cattles would not expect any payment to shareholders to exceed 1p per share. Any such offer would be likely to comprise solely cash consideration.

However, there can be no certainty that any offer will ultimately be made or as to the terms or timing of any offer. The making of any such offer is subject to a number of matters, including obtaining all necessary approvals.

A further announcement will be made when appropriate. A copy of this announcement will also be made available on Cattles' website www.cattles.co.uk by no later than 12.00 noon (London time) on 3 June 2010.

Rule 2.10 of the City Code on Takeovers and Mergers (the "Code")

Rule 2.10 of the Code requires the announcement of the number of shares in issue of Cattles. Cattles confirms that it has in issue 526,066,902 ordinary shares of 10 pence each. The ISIN for the shares is GB0001803666.

For further information, please contact:

Cattles plc

Margaret Young, Executive Chairman 020 7269 7252

Lexicon Partners

Matthew Lindsey-Clark 020 7653 6000

Financial Dynamics

Paul Marriott 020 7269 7252

Lexicon Partners, which is authorised and regulated by the FSA in the United Kingdom, is acting exclusively for Cattles and no-one else in connection with any offer and will not be responsible to anyone other than Cattles for providing the protections afforded to clients of Lexicon Partners nor for providing advice in relation to any offer or any other matters referred to in this announcement.

Disclosure requirements of the Code

Under Rule 8.3(a) of the Code, any person who is interested in 1% or more of any class of relevant securities of an offeree company or of any paper offeror (being any offeror other than an offeror in respect of which it has been announced that its offer is, or is likely to be, solely in cash) must make an Opening Position Disclosure following the commencement of the offer period and, if later, following the announcement in which any paper offeror is first identified.

An Opening Position Disclosure must contain details of the person's interests and short positions in, and rights to subscribe for, any relevant securities of each of (i) the offeree company and (ii) any paper offeror(s). An Opening Position Disclosure by a person to whom Rule 8.3(a) applies must be made by no later than 3.30 pm (London time) on the 10th business day following the commencement of the offer period and, if appropriate, by no later than 3.30 pm (London time) on the 10th business day following the announcement in which any paper offeror is first identified. Relevant persons who deal in the relevant securities of the offeree company or of a paper offeror prior to the deadline for making an Opening Position Disclosure must instead make a Dealing Disclosure.

Under Rule 8.3(b) of the Code, any person who is, or becomes, interested in 1% or more of any class of relevant securitie

Just as an afterthought whos betting that this new ''charitable trust'' will have many of the same directors currently employed at Welcome......

Also if they somehow manage to turn this company around in a couple of years and put forward new business strategies with procedures in place to begin lending again they could sell it for many times there initial measly £5 million investment....shocking situation.....

they own lewis collections - who like their parent company also made a loss last year. theres was only - £5million though. They also own shopacheck which may be sold of by itself as a going concern as its the only arm of the company that is profitable

hi i havea wee question,dont know if im psting this in the correct place though. i got a letter from lewis recovery saying i owed 9000 then 2 weeks later saying they would accept 4000,the bebt is with welcome car finance, so i sent a letter requesting the CCA but got a letter back saying " please be advised that we are not the creditor in this matter. The creditor welcome finance and we are merely intructed to act on their behalf to recover any outstanding balance due. the letter i wrote is below. thanks for reading. my email is [email protected] if anyone can help thank-you :)

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account/Reference Number 4563210025897412

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request, the provisions of s.77 will apply.

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA 1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection From Unfair Tradinglink3.gif Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Mr A N Other

Edited by caspergav

This Is Crap

Who Ever Is Asking You For Money Has The Legal Obligation To Suply The Cca

Keep That Leter Safe

Cattles/welcome/lewis Are All In The Same Group

Account Now In Official Dispute

What exactly can i do now though? lewis said i had to write to welcome finance for the cca but it clearly states on the letter

"If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA 1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties"

Do i write to welcome if i manage to get an address or just leave it?

Thanks Gav

ok thank-you, wont they keep sending me letters for money though?

or basically if they want to take me to court then to let them and say i asked for a copy of the cca? if i done that then would they not say well why didnt you write to welcome if lewis recovery said to do that.

Gavin

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Reality check is needed!

Even tho branches maybe closing and staff are getting laid off it would be exceptionally fool hardy to think loans are gonna get written off and your not gonna get chased for monies owed. For a very long time I thought mistakenly that I had a good case with regard to mis stated APR and how it was calculated. Sadly its done monthly 1.8% and now Im being pursued by their solicitors `Salans`.

So be very cautious is all Im saying may not be news people want to hear but they aint just gonna roll over!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4735 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks