Welcome are now officially dead and buried

RALALU
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4734 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi paulaiks probably best if you start your own thread will be easier for info and to keep up with responses :)

Any offer you make I would make in writing and have a response from them in writing as verbal doesnt really stand for anything they could agree and then chase for the remaining in the future

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Mark, darn good to see you back with us. . how you doing my old friend ?

Thanks OZZ. Haven`t been too well lately I`m afraid. Good to Go now though M8.

I`ve also been doing a bit of research into a few other things that should bother everybody, but that`s for later.

Major Player, I always knew you would be an asset to this forum :rolleyes: (Do I sound like Simon Cowell now?). Some of the stuff you are delivering is Dynamite. Thank You.

Yes sorry, My mistake but, it`s still outrageous that people will borrow from these *ANKERS, and the people who do are the perfect target for them.

The ones who can least afford these interest rates, but don`t see any other option. They also see no harm if there is some nice person collecting from them.

In fact, because this person calls every week they are a Friend ( been there). They are such a Good Friend, even if they fall behind on payments they will always be able to lend them MORE. " Only a Friend would do for me, if I`m behind in paying ". Right???

This was in The Mail one day last week.

3,000% - banks are the new loan sharks | Mail Online

NOW THAT IS CAUSE TO WEEP!!! T:xSSERS!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/article-1249778/THE-LAST-WORD-TONY-HAZELL-Give-respect.htm

May be e mailing this feller, and getting him to look at some of the threads here on the Welscum Forum could pay dividends. He seems to have " The Bit Between His Teeth). What do you all think?

Cheers, MARK

Hi Mark Sorry to hear you havent been well :( hope you are on the mend now :)

The daily mail link isnt working for me :( its ok ive done it now

Edited by beyondhope
more info

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

oh noo i managed to find the article but didnt go any further probably just as well by the sounds of it :lol:

Just an update:

The next batch of branch closures will be at the end of the first week in March. looks like before year end all branches will be shut and all dealings will be with central collections

Just an update:

The next batch of branch closures will be at the end of the first week in March. looks like before year end all branches will be shut and all dealings will be with central collections

Pass me a tissue Im weeping as I read this :D

My account manager has been very quiet all this month but will no doubt be ringing soon to ask how i intend to pay my car loan this month...can't wait till it goes to central collections cos I have disputes with the charges currently on this loan...

What A *ASTARD!!!:D HA! HA! HA!

Normally I would feel sorry for anyone losing their job but his tone over the phone is so condescending...' oh you have to pay before the end of the month because of arrears on your acct ' ...

you mean so you can get your bonus..well make the most of it fella Jobseekers wont stretch that far...:x

Hi everyone, just phoned welcome head office, to pay this months balance, they asked if they could go through my contract details over the phone. They were just to sweetie, icky nice about it, has anyone else noticed this or been asked for to go over their details.

Blubell10

Hi everyone, just phoned welcome head office, to pay this months balance, they asked if they could go through my contract details over the phone. They were just to sweetie, icky nice about it, has anyone else noticed this or been asked for to go over their details.

Blubell10

Sounds about right..read my recent posts..so nice they'll invite you to tea to meet their mother...

Tread carefully they are like cornered rats at the min..the ship is sinking and everybody is looking for driftwood to cling on to.

I would not initially agree to anything especially as they are discussing your contract and especially if they have a great deal so just sign some new forms...

Depending on how much is outstanding you could be in a great postition to have a large chuck off the balance..

can anyone please give me any advise ....my daughter took out a 3500 loans wit welcome 2 year ago, i knew she was paying a high percentage but didnt really interfere, now what should be her last payment next month has now made me realize what a mess shes got herself into with this corrupt company. They told her her DD would be set up for the 24th of the month then tried to take it on the 11th.....the payment failed but they took #38 as a missed payment fee.....she didnt know this had happened till she got a call from them a few days later telling her her payment was now over due, she told them it was due on the 24th, they agreed it was their mistake , she paid the full ammount that day by phone and was told her next payment would be taken on the 24th, it wasnt, the same happened again, they took #38 on the 11th , rang her took the payment and told her next month it would be the 24th, this happened again the next month..this happened another 2 times but on the fourth month by the time they rang her to tell her they had not took the payment on the 24th... she didnt have enough money in her account to make the payment in full so on the their advise she spread that months payment out over the next 6 months, they did start taking the DD on the correct day and they took the payment and have done every month since, meaning the last payment was today, she did get in touch with them half was through the loan asking for an early settlement figure but what they asked for was un believable so she carried on with the repayments, now they tell her she owes a further 2 months payments as when she was late paying the first few months it made the interest which is charged daily so this put an extra 560 pound onto her charges.....i have spoken to them and got nowhere, they admit it was their fault that the payments wernt taken on the right date, admit it was all their fault, admit my daughter was never told that spreading the one months missed payment (due to them) would then cost her 500 extra or she wold never have let them do that, she would have borrowed the money to pay it on time. I have asked them for a full break down on why they say we owe this money and also told them we will be cancelling the DD after this final payment this month, they now tell me that when i dont have the next 2 payments go through we will be charged daily for the outstanding chaarges they have put on, they have offered to refund 2x20 charges they put on for late payment...what a joke....they made the payments late....but they take the charge off cause they admit it was their fault yet charge us the interest, surly they cant get away with all this, i have been reading all the stories from people on these fomrums and its disgusting companies like this can get away with what they are doing,..please can anyone tell me....is this 500 they say is outstanding going to turn into 1000000 pounds ina few months if we dont pay.......i dont want to give them a penny but id sooner pay the 500 than get charged more by these sharks...how can or goverment allow this.....will be gratefull for.any replys

i still have the agreement and the ammount she will have paid is the exact ammount on the agreement but they say she has defaulted on this.

Edited by bev50uk

Bev Walker:???:

can anyone please give me any advise ....my daughter took out a 3500 loans wit welcome 2 year ago, i knew she was paying a high percentage but didnt really interfere, now what should be her last payment next month has now made me realize what a mess shes got herself into with this corrupt company. They told her her DD would be set up for the 24th of the month then tried to take it on the 11th.....the payment failed but they took #38 as a missed payment fee.....she didnt know this had happened till she got a call from them a few days later telling her her payment was now over due, she told them it was due on the 24th, they agreed it was their mistake , she paid the full ammount that day by phone and was told her next payment would be taken on the 24th, it wasnt, the same happened again, they took #38 on the 11th , rang her took the payment and told her next month it would be the 24th, this happened again the next month..this happened another 2 times but on the fourth month by the time they rang her to tell her they had not took the payment on the 24th... she didnt have enough money in her account to make the payment in full so on the their advise she spread that months payment out over the next 6 months, they did start taking the DD on the correct day and they took the payment and have done every month since, meaning the last payment was today, she did get in touch with them half was through the loan asking for an early settlement figure but what they asked for was un believable so she carried on with the repayments, now they tell her she owes a further 2 months payments as when she was late paying the first few months it made the interest which is charged daily so this put an extra 560 pound onto her charges.....i have spoken to them and got nowhere, they admit it was their fault that the payments wernt taken on the right date, admit it was all their fault, admit my daughter was never told that spreading the one months missed payment (due to them) would then cost her 500 extra or she wold never have let them do that, she would have borrowed the money to pay it on time. I have asked them for a full break down on why they say we owe this money and also told them we will be cancelling the DD after this final payment this month, they now tell me that when i dont have the next 2 payments go through we will be charged daily for the outstanding chaarges they have put on, they have offered to refund 2x20 charges they put on for late payment...what a joke....they made the payments late....but they take the charge off cause they admit it was their fault yet charge us the interest, surly they cant get away with all this, i have been reading all the stories from people on these fomrums and its disgusting companies like this can get away with what they are doing,..please can anyone tell me....is this 500 they say is outstanding going to turn into 1000000 pounds ina few months if we dont pay.......i dont want to give them a penny but id sooner pay the 500 than get charged more by these sharks...how can or goverment allow this.....will be gratefull for.any replys

i still have the agreement and the ammount she will have paid is the exact ammount on the agreement but they say she has defaulted on this.

Your quite right disgusting behaviour even though they are getting paid they still want more...

Time to turn the tables on these cretins.. :mad:

All the details above send off to FOS...straight away..you can download the form off there website and post it to them or call them direct.

Put in a complaint with the Welcome branch (is it local or not ?)

Get the account managers name and tell them you are disputing these charges , dont back down to them that's what they want and also are expecting people like yourselves to pay the extra money for a quiet life...

These pondlife are clinging on to the sinking ship and trying to scrape in as much money as possible before the main branches are turned into flats :)

If it's a local branch threaten to go along with a solicitor after all these guys like spinning a few lines so you can return the favour.

It might be a bit of a slog but you have to run them down until they agree to waiver those charges and agree the account is paid in full.

Hi just a thought (god that hurt!), but what about loans that went to Court and had a CCJ put on my file which I then got overturned and removed :D and am now paying back £30 amount per month to the Solicitors. Do I still need to continue to do this or can I fight the amount owing?

I know WF did add loads of charges but paying back £30 a month will take forever to actually get to the part that is disputes.

Any advice, greatly appreciated, thanks

jj69 welcome to the forum!

Firstly the poster above is right, they have behaved appallingly and should have resolved the issue when it was first raised.

There are a number of steps that you should complete before providing this to the fos, unfortunately if you don't follow the companies complaint procedure then they will not look at this for you.

It would be useful if you had a copy of the agreement that you could post up so would be worth sending off for a Subject Access Report and CCA which will be detailed in many other threads.

Also do you know if your daughter took out PPI

I would also recommend complaining directly to head office rather than the local branch, branches tend to (a) Not be prepared to do anything in the last 2 weeks of the month due to their targets and (b) "Lose" Paperwork.

I would start up your own thread on this too so that others will jump in on this

Major I think your advise is aimed at Bev not JJ, but all the same good sound advise.

Bev, first off glad you found us, you have had some good advise here and in order to continue helping you can you please start your own thread on this section so you have a diary of your events and a record of advise given to you . . . if your not sure how click here .

Major I think your advise is aimed at Bev not JJ, but all the same good sound advise.

Bev, first off glad you found us, you have had some good advise here and in order to continue helping you can you please start your own thread on this section so you have a diary of your events and a record of advise given to you . . . if your not sure how click here .

Quite right..thanks for the Welcome Majorplayer but been on the forums for sometime and becoming a seasoned user..lol

Bev follow the advice on here you will get Welcome sorted belive me I have been down this road for over a year now with Debt collection agencies but thats another story...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4734 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks