• Tweets

• I'm not sure we were on standard tariffs - I've uploaded as many proofs as I can for the ombudsman - ovo called last night uping the compensation to 100 from 50 pounds for the slip in customer service however they won't acknowledge the the problem them not acknowledging a fault has caused nor are they willing to remedy anything as they won't accept the meter or formula was wrong.   I'd appreciate more details on the economy 7 approach and I'll update the ombudsman with any information you can share. 
    • To re-iterate and highlight my urgent question on this one: The N24 from the court did not include any instructions to submit paperwork 28 days before the date, unlike the N157 received for other smaller claims. Do I have to submit a WS for this court date? Link has!...
    • No, reading the guidance online it says to wait for a letter from the court. Should I wait or submit the directions? BTW, I assume that the directions are a longer version of the particular of claim accompanied by evidence, correct?
    • Thanks for opening, it's been another rough year for my family and I've procastinated a little.. Due to the age of my defaults on this and other accounts (circa 2021), I really need to avoid a CCJ as that will be another 6 years of credit issues. Mediation failed as I played the 'not enough info to make a decision' however during the call for some reason they did offer settlement at 80%, I refused. this has been allocated to small claims track, court date is June 3 and I've received their WS. I'm starting on my WS. They do appear to have provided everything required of them (even if docs could be reconstructions). Not really sure what my argument is anymore but I do want to attend court and see this through. Should a judgement be made against me then I will clear the balance within 30 days and have the CCJ removed - this is still possible isn't it? I'm going to be reading up today and tomorrow and hope you can provide me some guidance in the meantime. Wonder what your advice would be given the documents they have provided? I am now in a position to clear the debt either by lump sum or a few large installments - Is this something i should look into at this late stage? Thanks as always in advance
    • I have now received my SAR. It includes a great deal of information! Is there a time limit on how long account information is kept and/or can be provided to debtors? I have received many account statements which were not previously sent to me. I remember that the creditor should provide explanations of any acronyms and abbreviations that maybe used in the documents. Is this still the case? Also what, if any, are the regulations in regard to adding fees to a debt? Can fees be added to a debt after the court has approved a charge on a property. Perhaps due to the numerous owners of the debt, many payments I made were not properly recorded on the account, some were entered over a year after the payment was made! Following the Legal Charge, I paid every month until my payments were refused. I am trying to compute the over payments, but the addition of fees etc. is confusing me. Any comments and/or help would be appreciated.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Credit Resource Solutions - Advise please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5166 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

This is a strange one, I had given an SAR to Credit Resource Solution on last week and on Monday at my parents house they had recieved a letter which is shown below on this thread. My parents are now getting voice text messages and in approx 48 hours they will recieve a visit. However they did have the right address, and I put the right address on the letter I had sent them. I'm going to send them the do not visit template, but is there anything else I could add to it. I can't see why they sent a letter to my parent house, I used to live there, but it has been over 3 years now since moving to the new place

Here is the letter they sent:

credith.th.jpg

Please could someone offer any advice

Hi all,

This is a strange one, I had given an SAR to Credit Resource Solution on last week and on Monday at my parents house they had recieved a letter which is shown below on this thread. My parents are now getting voice text messages and in approx 48 hours they will recieve a visit. However they did have the right address, and I put the right address on the letter I had sent them. I'm going to send them the do not visit template, but is there anything else I could add to it. I can't see why they sent a letter to my parent house, I used to live there, but it has been over 3 years now since moving to the new place

Here is the letter they sent:

credith.th.jpg

Please could someone offer any advice

your sar should have gone to the original creditor not the dca collecting it!

cannot read your letter its too small,

i would think the only person calling at your door will be the old git in a red coat bearing gifts on dec 25th,

there is a door step template in the caggers library send them that,recorded delivery do not sign it print your name only.

chin up its nearly xmas, keep posting on here when you receive any other contact ,cheers.:D

have you already posted this on another thread?? if not any more info available please .

looks like a phishing letter to me.

how old is this debt?

i'd be inclined to not send anything, but obv you need to get them off your parents case.

give us some history please

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi there,

Sorry I meant I sent them a CCA request not an SAR request, sorry about that. Yup that is what I was going to send them. The only strange thing I thought, is that they sent the letter to an old address when the CCA request had my new address

is the 12+ 2 days up yet for a reply,if so you must then send them the acc in despute template from caggers library,also i would attach a letter stating that you no longer live with your parents a you have provided the new address to them and if any more correspondance is sent to that address it will be deemed as harassmemt,also if any legal action taken is listed or any reference is made to your parents address via a credit reference agency legal action will be taken against both dca and oc.

Hi there

Thanks for the information, it is a debt, I used to pay the main bank, but fell on hard times, and it been I think 2 years or going to be 2 years since I haven't paided them, as they passed it to debt collectors, who I did CCA request, but none have come back. This is the only strange one now.

The time period for the CCA request is not expired, should i wait until then, or just send the doorstep template recorded delivery, just so they can stop phoning via voicetext (which is annoying) to my parent house

Were you living with your parents when the [purported] agreement was taken out?

Is the address to which they sent the agreement the address on the agreement?

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

Hi there

Were you living with your parents when the [purported] agreement was taken out?

Is the address to which they sent the agreement the address on the agreement?

Ahhh yes of course, this will be the case. I haven't recieved the agreement by these people but yes this is the case. That will make sense :)

Actually one other strange thing on the letter is that they didn't put down the house number, it was just addressed to the street, its lucky the post man knows my parent so it gave it to us

Hi there,

Well 12+2 days have just passed today, but I recieved an letter yesterday, please could someone see the following letter and advise. I always thoughts that they needed to send you the agreement at a specific time, but can they send a letter then send the agreement within a timeframe of there choosing.

The letter is here:

capturev.th.jpg

Hi

Sorry to bump this thread, but please could I have any advise from any kind folks over there. I know due to Christmas I can't do anything, like send out another letter, but any advise would greatly be appreciated

If bumping a thread is not allowed in this forum, then I do apologise, sorry for that

Kind Regards

After the 12+ 2 days you can place the account in dispute (use the template letter in this site's Library). You can so stop any payments if you so wish.

They can't change the statutory requirement but the debt is effectively unenforceable until they produce a copy.

The letter says that you didn't send the £1 fee, Did you?

You can telephone the post office on the following number :

01246 542091. They will advise if the postal order has been cashed or not. If it has, then ask them to confirm in writing for you. They are very helpful and will do this immediately. You will need the receipt the Post office gave you in respect of the purchase of the postal order with the id number on it.

As the DCA have said they will put the account on hold until such times as the CCA is produced, then I dont think you need to do anything at this stage. Responding to every letter that is sent to you, is counterproductive.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 1 month later...

Hi there

Well I recieve a letter from them today, they didn't come back from 12+2 but looks like within the 30 days after that. The letter had a photocopy of the agreement from the bank. It looks like the bank had faxed it over to them, 6 pages showing my signature. But I'm a disappointed that they now continuing to call my mum house again saying we are going to come to the door, even through I had sent a letter before saying no doorstep.

I am working out this weekend, how much I can give to them to pay off this debt, is there a template for this? I tried looking into the template library but couldn't find any, and i think i need to send out the doorstop letter again

If anyone has any advise it would be most grateful

Kind Regards

you keep dangling a carrot by writing letters, they will keep pulling your string.

they will not visit and even if they do they can do NOTHING

they are a DCA

they have NO LEGAL POWERS

they have as much right to collects debts as the postman.

they are NOT bailiffs it has not been to court.

doesn't live here

goodbye put the phonedown.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

I know little about fixed sum loans.. so cannot comment on the agreement. When was it taken out ?

As for posting stuff to your parents home and also phoning and leaving messages on their voice mail.. you need to send two letters as follows.

First one from you.

Dear Creditor

Account Number

I notice you are still mailing post to my parent's home, an address I have not lived at since DATE YOU MOVED OUT.

You are also causing great stress by continually leaving voice mail messages on their private phone. This is against OFT Guidlelines and in breach of the Data Protection Act 1998.

You were informed of my change of address on WHENEVER YOU LET THEM KNOW. Therefore if you are continuing to report or trade my previoius address details with third parties you are again in breach of the Data Protection Act.

I must insist you now stop using the telephone number you hold on your records and amend my address details as previously advised.

Yours etc,

Then I would suggest you have your parents write to them

Dear Sirs,

YOUR NAME

You have been leaving voice mail messages on our private line in respect of our son/daughters business / financial relationship with yourselves.

We have been assured that you have been advised that our son/daughter no longer lives at this address.

As we are NOT a messaging service, then you should refrain from leaving messages on our voice mail/answering machine.

If you continue to leave messages with threats of collectors visiting our home then we will be forced to contact the regulatory authorities.

Yours etc,

YOUR PARENTS SHOULD NOT SIGN

HTH

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

July 2007 comes under the new regulations so you are going to have to look at other ways of sorting this out.

Is there any Payment Protection Insurance on the loan ?

Are there any charges in respect of late payment ?

BCOBS

Hi CitzenB

Please could you provide more details on

July 2007 comes under the new regulations so you are going to have to look at other ways of sorting this out.

Do you have a suggestion on what to do? I still working how much I could afford to pay out as a repayment for this loan, the loan is above 8 grand, so I cannot pay this off all in 1 go :(

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/en...ingout_pbs.pdf

If you scroll down to page 4 it give ideas of what reasonable spends are.

There is a budget planner in the link above, it will help you work out how much monies you have to be able to pay creditors.

Here is a suggested letter if it is your intention to ask for a reduced payment plan.

Dear Sirs,

ACCOUNT NO:

I find myself in a situation where I unable to fulfill my obligation to you.

I am requesting that you accept a token payment of £ XX.XX for a period of 12 months in order for me to resolve my financial situation.

I am including a copy of my Income and Expenditure for your attention.

I would also request that you freeze interest payments for that period of time. I see no reason to even offer a token sum in order for the balance outstanding to increase by way of interest and default charges.

I have contacted all my other creditors and advised them of the situtation.

To show my commitment to a repayment plan, I enclose a cheque/postal order in the sum of £XX . I would request you send me a paying in book or details of an account into which I can pay by standing order for future payments.

Yours sincerely.

National Debtline may have something that is more suitable if you want to check their site out. :)

As your agreement was taken out after July 2007, it is kind of assumed that it is correct in every way.

Unless you can find something that could be considered and "unfair term" then unless someone suggests otherwise I would imagine that it conforms to the regulations.

BCOBS