Mercers DN - Guidance appreciated.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4209 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I have been around the block a few times with Barclays and Mercers and managed to get quite a reasonable deal from them which for reasons of being crippled unfairly by a sub prime 2nd charge loan threatening repossession at every twist and turn I could not keep up with.

The upshot is that I have now been issued a DN on Mercers headed paper despite the envelope being posted from Northampton. Leaving that aside I have very narrow grounds for dispute as they refunded the charges. There are minor grounds but not significant ones but I do not want Mercers hounding me especially over Christmas (unlikely but not impossible), or for that matter after Christmas (certainly.)

So 2 questions...

1. Can I nip Mercers in the bud on narrow minor issues raising dispute?

2. Shall I CCA the edits in the meantime since we all know they ARE Barclays? If I do so are there any points I must use when dealing with Barclays/ Mercers that are specific to them?

OK so that's three questions actually... (sorry)...

Thanks and Seasonal best wishes to all no matter how big or small your struggle with the evil empire. I believe we are at The Empire Strikes Back stage of the trilogy...

Edited by slick132
language please

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/gmac_rfc.pdf

CONTACT CIB Here

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/Complaintformcib.Htm

Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia) 02920 380 643

Mark Youde(accounts compliance) 02920 380 955

Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 investigating all the Lehman lenders

Jeremy Pilcher 0207 637 6231

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

Hi EisE,

I'll move this into the BC forum. :)

A default from Mercers is usually inaccurate as they say they act on BC's behalf but fail to give BC's full trading name and address on the DN.

You can dispute the validity of the DN but they'll usually ignore your assertions and carry on making demands.

If youy want to avoid their phone calls over Christmas, or any other time for that matter, ask Santa for this - The Consumer Forums - Telephone Recorders reviews. It will put an end to unwanted calls and I've heard good reports from those that use it.

I'd send Mercers a CCA request. It may just keep them quiet for a short time. Don't expect your credit agreement in response though. BC will not send this out voluntarily. They may do eventually if you get the FOS to intervene.

See this thread but don't complain to FOS until you get a Final Response from BC - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclaycard/231901-tony3x-barclaycard.html This will be weeks or months away yet.

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

If you wanna 'nip' Mercers phones calls (and any other unwelcome pest) in the 'bud' I highly recommend TRUECALL.

This clever device will be like Fort Knox in regard to DCA phone calls.

I've suffered at the hands of Mercers relentless phone calling (800 between Jan - Sept).

Every call is logged & can be printed out - mines all neatly printed off ready for my court bundle after Xmas.

Some say its expensive but it is THE Rolls Royce of phone call blocker & it DOES work.

Read the review in Slick's link.