I ignored.. oh, Now i have a letter.. and 2 tickets. Aberdeen, Morrisons

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5237 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Alright lads hows things?

Last month I had parked my car in a supermarket carpark, In Aberdeen. I got back to find a ticket on the window stating the car was there, Worked out I was 20-30mins from over staying.

I came on here and scanned.. and chose to ignore this. A friend of mine from Glasgow told me he parks his work van in there when he's up for Jobs and sometimes gets 3 to 4 tickets on the window over a week, but its been going on for years and he never bothered doing anything with it.

Now.. Id like to make this clear, I in no way take advantage of this, and iv never set a foot out of line in terms of police, tickets, points or anything.

So, Last weekend I was in the same car park and went to apply for my International Drivers Permit and go to the DVLA. Alas.. I was held up in the Post office for what seemed like forever. I got back to find another ticket. I didnt even open it and just put in the back seat.

Just now, Iv got home from work to find a letter on the door step.

Its from "Trethowans Solicitors"

Amount Outstanding : £40

Date of Incident : 01/11/09

Charge Notice Number : *****

Vehicle Registration : *** ****

Time of Incident : 09:18 11:47

We are instructed by CP Plus Ltd who manages the above car park. We are advised by our client that their car parking attendant observed a vehicle parked at the above location on the specified date and that the vehicle, which is registered in your name, did not adhere to the Parking Regulations as detailed on the Notice Boards. As a result, a Charge Notice was issued as detailed above, which remains unpaid.

We are now instructed to recover this outstanding debt which is due and payable. Accordingly, if payment in the above sum is not received within fourteen days from the date of this letter then out client will issue court proceedings without further written notice. (if it is your contention that were not the driver at the time of the offence, please provide us with details of the driver whereupon we will transfer liability.)

Such actions will undoubtedly include a claim in respect of interest for the late payment and the additional court fees and costs incurred in the issue of such proceedings. Should you have any doubt about the meaning or effect of this letter, then we would sugest that you seek legal advice as a matter of urgency.

To prevent the issue of court action, payment must be made to the above address quoting the Charge Notice Number and Registration Number. Cheques of postal orders must be made payable to "TRETHOWANS" with both numbers quoted on the reverse.

We can also accept payment by debit or credit car by telephoning the above number, however, for credit card payments a charge of 2.25% will be applied.

Yours faithfully

Trethowans LLP

"Keeper details have been provided by the DVLA as you are the registered keeper of a vehicles which has been parked in the breach of the terms and conditions of a private car par. Should you feel that this data has been obtained or used inappropriately your complaint can be notified to the DVLA (Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency) and the information commissioner (Information Commissioner's Office - ICO). Cp Plus LTd. Is a member of the British Parking Association's Approved Operator Scheme. Appeals should be made in writing to the above address.

so... Thoughts? Im considering either paying the £40 (it was £15!!!) or just ignoring it all together and if it comes to court, deny the whole thing.. OR send them an envelope full of £40 in single penny's.

Thoughts?? Wouldn't mind some advice on this one.

Many thanks

-Petey Pete.

p.s. Id also like to add that I did get a ticket LAST WEEK ASWELL! So thats 2 tickets from the same place in the space of over a month and I have 1 letter.

Edited by mintyfresh

Im considering either paying the £40 (it was £15!!!) or just ignoring it all together and if it comes to court, deny the whole thing.. OR send them an envelope full of £40 in single penny's.

My advice is to not pay them anything. You don't owe them anything. Their reference to a "debt" is factually faulty and any court case would falter in this basis alone. There is no debt, so the rest of the letter is redundant.

Sit back and see - in the unlikely event they issued court proceedings, pay then if you want to end the issue. Or, go to court and let them convince a judge why you owe them £40.

I wonder why these companies don't put up signs imposing fees of £1 million rather than £40? Would that mean you really owe them £1 million and they can sue you for it? Of course not - so what's the difference?

Ok thanks mate. The car is also technically sold, New keeper is due to collect the car before christmas and Im moving abroad next year. Would this cause any issues?

Probally best I inform the new keeper and let him just ignore the threats kinda thing.

You sure? I dont fancy going to court over £40 but Id rather not be scammed too lol.

..but as you have already read up via the hunderds of almost identical threads on here you should already know that the "whole thing" is a [problem].

Nobody is going to take you to court - the solictors letter is just another predictable link in the chain. Expect at least one more if not a couple.

Same advice: Ignore

Ok thanks mate. The car is also technically sold, New keeper is due to collect the car before christmas and Im moving abroad next year. Would this cause any issues?

Probally best I inform the new keeper and let him just ignore the threats kinda thing.

Don't waste your time mentioning it - the PPC won't know you have sold it nor have they any interest in that but it doesn't come into the equation. Even if you were to accept a contract existed it was with you (assuming your the RK) or the driver. They will chase you through a few more letters and that will be that.

Blagton

Yeah I did read up alot on it, and got this general feeling, and I can imagine some of the longer running member on here could possibly be getting bored by the similar threads popping up - I just assumed my case was slightly different, What with the second ticket and an almost 'instant' court threat.

Thanks for the time and input guys - Im going to sit tight on this one, See what comes of it. Im actually away to asia in a few weeks and wont be back until next year So fingers crossed it'll be forgotten about by the time im home.

No issues for the new purchaser, as the DVLA only provide details based on the date/time provided. There will be no follow up to them, when they re-regiater - unless of course they get scammed too when parking in the same place after you do the deal.

Yeah I did read up alot on it, and got this general feeling, and I can imagine some of the longer running member on here could possibly be getting bored by the similar threads popping up - I just assumed my case was slightly different, What with the second ticket and an almost 'instant' court threat.

Not really - a PPC Invoice is a PPC Invoice however it might appear.

The begging letters follow a predictable pattrern yet now and again a curve ball is thrown - people who have had a final, final, final letter then nothing for months suddenely get another with the chance of paying say the original amount (despite that all those final letters said they would go to court).

Thanks for the time and input guys - Im going to sit tight on this one, See what comes of it. Im actually away to asia in a few weeks and wont be back until next year So fingers crossed it'll be forgotten about by the time im home.

You can be sure of a nice collection of letters from them and their cronnies on yoru return !

Blagton.

its a invoice for a supposed breach of contract, not a fine or charge.

you will get progressively nastier letters with more and more red writing from.

1- The parking company

2- A few from a DCA (desk next to the parking company)

3- A few from someone claiming to be solicitor (the desk next but one)

then they give up