• Tweets

• did you submit your directions
    • They have defended the claim by saying that the job was of unsatisfactory standard and they had to call another carpenter to remedy. My husband has text messages about them losing the keys a second time and also an email. What do they hope to achieve??? Most importantly,  as far as I have seen online, now I need to wait for paperwork from the court, correct?
    • The Notice to Hirer does not comply with the protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule  4 . This is before I ask if Europarks have sent you a copy of the PCN they sent to Arval along with a copy of the hire agreement et. if they haven't done that either you are totally in the clear and have nothing to worry about and nothing to pay. The PCN they have sent you is supposed to be paid by you according to the Act within 21 days. The chucklebuts have stated 28 days which is the time that motorists have to pay. Such a basic and simple thing . The Act came out in 2012 and still they cannot get it right which is very good news for you. Sadly there is no point in telling them- they won't accept it because they lose their chance to make any money out of you. they are hoping that by writing to you demanding money plus sending in their  unregulated debt collectors and sixth rate solicitors that you might be so frightened as to pay them money so that you can sleep at night. Don't be surprised if some of their letters are done in coloured crayons-that's the sort of  level of people you will be dealing with. Makes great bedding for the rabbits though. Euro tend not to be that litigious but while you can safely ignore the debt collectors just keep an eye out for a possible Letter of Claim. They are pretty rare but musn't be ignored. Let us know so that you can send a suitably snotty letter to them showing that you are not afraid of them and are happy to go to Court as you like winning.  
    • They did reply to my defence stating it would fail and enclosed copies of NOA, DN Term letter and account statements. All copies of T&C's that could be reconstructions and the IP address on there resolves to the town where MBNA offices are, not my location
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Welcome AGAIN

leelakey07
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5138 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As I said in my last post I have sent my car finance account to Ratio Money to hopefully get wiped. Now Welcome are in breach of their 12+30 day time frame to supply a CCA, Ratio have sent them a final demand and a complaint and sending us paperwork so it can goto the solicitors. Now Marcus the prick from Welcome Finance rang once, turned up on my door and I basically told him where to go as this is the 4th week we havent made a payment.

He has just called again and I think he is trying to get me to agree to something over the phone. He said and i quote

"We have to continue making payments even though the account is in dispute"

"If not as we speak a default notice is being drawn up" Now ratio told me that the agreement is unenforcable while they are in breech and its in dispute....IS THIS TRUE?

He wants my husband to call him tomorrow because he think we are in financial difficulty and he can help...now Im thinking he is gonna try and get DH to re-write over the phone

Im on hold to Ratio as I type but can anyone offer any advice on his demands? He shouldnt even be contacting us should he?:-x

hi leelakey

typical bs from welcome as usual

the cca works like this

welcome have a total of 12 days plus two to send you a copy of your agreement. the two days is for service. that makes a total of 14 days.

the 30 days and criminal offence has now gone out the window and no criminal offence now exsists.

its 14 days for compliance.

after this 14 days, welcome are in default and can not enforce. that includes charges, defaults, legal action, etc etc

you can stop payments with no penalty

to me it looks like they have no agreement:)

dont sign or agree to anything

welcome are stuffed until they give you a true copy of your agreement and not a fabricated one:D

as long as cca request was sent recorded delievery and confirmed through track and trace

tell me about this ratio money

Thank you Postggj!!! I knew he lied he said "he has every legal right to do so" Cant wait for him to call me back now as Im supposed to be ringing them tomorrow but wont be

Ratio Money, are a company that get things like this wiped off they go over your agreements and get your PPI back, i know alot of companies do this and ratio do charge £295 BUT if they loose you get it back so kind of no win no fee plus you dont pay them anything they get their fee from Welcome...I know I could have done all this through help from this website but my son has heart disease and I dont have the time or energy for the hassle :)

As I said in my last post I have sent my car finance account to Ratio Money to hopefully get wiped. Now Welcome are in breach of their 12+30 day time frame to supply a CCA, Ratio have sent them a final demand and a complaint and sending us paperwork so it can goto the solicitors. Now Marcus the prick from Welcome Finance rang once, turned up on my door and I basically told him where to go as this is the 4th week we havent made a payment.

He has just called again and I think he is trying to get me to agree to something over the phone. He said and i quote

"We have to continue making payments even though the account is in dispute"

"If not as we speak a default notice is being drawn up" Now ratio told me that the agreement is unenforcable while they are in breech and its in dispute....IS THIS TRUE?

He wants my husband to call him tomorrow because he think we are in financial difficulty and he can help...now Im thinking he is gonna try and get DH to re-write over the phone

Im on hold to Ratio as I type but can anyone offer any advice on his demands? He shouldnt even be contacting us should he?:-x

If the lender does not comply with a section 77/78 within 12 days, after 30 days, the loan IS unenforceable. They are not able to go to court over it as a court cannot enforce the loan either. While the loan is in dispute, and while the section 77/78 has not been complied with, if the lender puts a negative entry onto a Credit Reference Agency, they commit an offence.

The lender is in default 77/78 so the lender cannot register a default or send notices.

hi leelakey

typical bs from welcome as usual

the cca works like this

welcome have a total of 12 days plus two to send you a copy of your agreement. the two days is for service. that makes a total of 14 days.

the 30 days and criminal offence has now gone out the window and no criminal offence now exsists.

its 14 days for compliance.

after this 14 days, welcome are in default and can not enforce. that includes charges, defaults, legal action, etc etc

you can stop payments with no penalty

to me it looks like they have no agreement:)

dont sign or agree to anything

welcome are stuffed until they give you a true copy of your agreement and not a fabricated one:D

as long as cca request was sent recorded delievery and confirmed through track and trace

tell me about this ratio money

It is 30 DAYS after which the loan is unenforceable. When the lender is issued with a section 77/78, they have to provide not just a copy of the loan agreement but it must be legible, if you cant read it then it is not valid. They must also send any document which refers to the loan, when the payments are due, what has been paid, what the balance is and all the statements. The loan must comply with the prescribed terms in section 60 and 61. If they dont, then a court cannot enforce the loan. If the lender enters a negative entry on a CRA database whilst they are in default of a 77/78, they commit an offence.

That Last Bit Is Now History

Its 12 Plus 2 Days For Postage

It Then Goes Into Default After 14 Days

the 30 Days Is Now History And Not Relevant

It is 30 days , just that the offence has been removed which is why the lenders are dragging their heals. Also, as lenders now are wise to the fact that most loans before April 2007 are unenforceable, they are fighting some agreements in court and a "litigant in person" is more likely to lose against solicitors and barristers act for the lender. This is where companies like Ratio come in. They take out AFIs which the solicitors pay so there is nothing more to pay by the client. This all takes from 7 months due to the lender. The client gets a refund after 60 days if the loan is enforceable and if the agreement is gotten quickly

may i ask what ammendmants to the cca you are quoting from

The amendments were debated in 2006 and came into force in 2007. I leant most of this from some guys in Newcastle, they are all into loan removal.

"Failure by a lender to observe strictly, the intricate requirements of the Act can lead to a loan being completely unenforceable with no right of restitution or other form of relief"

- Lord Justice Clarke, 2002

do you have any comercial attachment to ratio ibsys

seems you are singing to there tune

YOUR QUOTE

It is 30 days , just that the offence has been removed which is why the lenders are dragging their heals. Also, as lenders now are wise to the fact that most loans before April 2007 are unenforceable, they are fighting some agreements in court and a "litigant in person" is more likely to lose against solicitors and barristers act for the lender. This is where companies like Ratio come in. They take out AFIs which the solicitors pay so there is nothing more to pay by the client. This all takes from 7 months due to the lender. The client gets a refund after 60 days if the loan is enforceable and if the agreement is gotten quickly

Yeah I thought the 30 days was scrapped as well, Post.

It used to be that after the full 42 days the creditor could be reported and appropriate action taken against them for breach of the DPA. That was removed about a year ago.

do you have any comercial attachment to ratio ibsys

seems you are singing to there tune

YOUR QUOTE

It is 30 days ,

No, I have no association with Ratio Money but I do have association with a small firm in the North. These firms must be regulated by the Ministry of Justice and the rules are very strict and the firm can be struck off.

Most firms who get agreements cancelled and PPI refunds charge no upfront fee but charge up to 25% of the value of the loan when/if they do get the loan wiped. The means that where someone has a loan of say £12000 (or credit card) then when the loan is wiped, the customer has to pay £3000 which he probably has not got so has to take out another loan to pay the fee. That person then is still in debt which is not what it is about.

Ratio Money and the small firm I have association with charge an up front fee where the agreement is gotten and audited for non-compliance and if the agreement is unenforceable it is passed to solicitors to have it cancelled and PPIs refunded. Beyond the initial fee, there is no more to pay. If the agreement is enforceable and fully legal, the client gets a total refund. If the lender does comply with the 77/78 as they should then this takes about six weeksfrom request to audit to fee refund if the agreement is enforceable but lenders drag this out now so it take longer and lenders have to be persued by solicitors to comply sometimes but at no extra cost to the client.

And commercial has two Ms :)

I know another company that does this. Consumer Benefit Network.

Mis-Sold PPI, Unfair Credit Card Charges, Credit Card Overturns I think the website is. Seems a few are popping up offering this service. I understand that they charge £295 + vat for the service, however if they have a low chance of winning they will not proceed and refund all of it bar £50 for the solicitors auditing fee.

Another monkey on my case now, Marcus is nomore and I have a new idiot named MICHAEL, rang me 3 times...tried to change his voice and wouldnt tell me where he was from hence me refusing to pass the phone over to my husband, thinks Im stupid obviously. Bodering on harrasment now...all info logged with ratio.

Now one question I know Welcome like to play dirty. Im worried they will try and take my car, even though the account is in dispute and they are in breach of cca request and even though Ive had no default notices even though they arent allowed to issue them which in dispute.

Is this a possibility? Ive also paid over a third of the car so can they not do this without a court order?

i may be wrong and someone please correct me if i am but as i understand it welcome would need a court order to 'legally' take the car as you have paid over a third. not to say that it hasnt been known for them to take it anyway BUT if they did it would be ££ time for you

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

i may be wrong and someone please correct me if i am but as i understand it welcome would need a court order to 'legally' take the car as you have paid over a third. not to say that it hasnt been known for them to take it anyway BUT if they did it would be ££ time for you

Thank you this is what I also thought, let them shoot themselves in the foot :cool:

Yes, they would need a court order to re possess a car but if a section 77/78 has not been complied with , a court knowing this could not issue one, section 127 precludes them from doing this. But if they did lift the car, then they would find themselves paying compensation. It could even be theft.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive had one of those usually says contacted 3 times....yea when?? mines filed :)

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool: