Beware of sneaky DCA tactics at Christmas!

DonkeyB
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4867 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I posted this last December, but I think it's worth a reminder to anyone who thinks they may have legal action against them imminent. We've seen a marked increase in the number of dirty tactics employed by DCAs this year, and apart from the 'generous' Christmas discounts offered by many DCAs, I think there are possibly more sinister techniques afoot.

Debt buyers like CL Finance/Cohens, for example, have issued thousands of claims without a letter before action during 2009 - so it's best to be on your toes.

Here's a resumé of my tip, learned from personal experience...

I think it's possible that certain DCAs/debt purchasers are likely to try and catch a few people out this month by using the delays caused by the Christmas post.

Around about the 18th or 21st of December they will issue N1 Claim Forms through Northampton and hope you've either gone away for Christmas, and/or miss the response deadline due to the seasonal activity, thereby getting a CCJ by default.

I half expected this to happen with a particularly sneaky outfit (Hello Mr T!) a couple of years ago at Christmas while I was away and, sure enough, on my return, on the doormat, with just two days left to respond was... you guessed it. The N1. So be aware and have a stress-free Christmas.

I'd encourage Caggers to post any other sneaky seasonal techniques they've come across here - such as nasty letters posing as Christmas cards with 'handwritten' addresses and coloured envelopes.

Don't wish to sound alarmist, but forewarned is forearmed. Wishing you all some sensational seasonal DCA bashing. Pass me the nutcrackers.

DonkeyB

Nice post DonkeyB, if I can add my xmas tricks to watch out for:

They will try and spoil your xmas, so look out for the phone calls, right up to Xmas eve,so if you dont recognise the number then it can wait until after the holidays.

The parcel trick, we have a parcel for you, please call us, you know the one.

Even the county court judges have a break:

Christmas and New Year closures for HMCS courts and offices 2009

Thursday 24 December 2009

Friday 25 December 2009

Monday 28 December 2009

Friday 1 January 2010

So as DonkeyB states be forearmed, relax and have a good christmas all, remember, you worry and battle for 51 weeks a year with the DCAs, so relax and have a week away from the stress the worry, and enjoy your seasonal break..;)

"Always ask for a CCA, Simples".

Every year around this time I seem to get threatomatics from the usual suspects. I suppose they send them to F*** up your Christmas with worry. The Leeds losers are so stupid that I even received one dated 25th December. Now I know things are bad in the Threat Centres but even the DCA Threat Monkeys get Christmas Day off.

I Have just got a sneaky one from Global Dept Recovery. Your name is registered as non-paying of a record dept. To clear your address now telephone us on above telephone number, and return the completed direct debit below to Global. It is our intention to issue proceedings within 10 days of the date of this letter. Its dated 16th December, So they must be working boxing day, Bless them. Is this any concern or is it just a bluff on their parts, Considering they have not established yet its my dept.

Of course prostitutes have baby's, Where do you think DCA staff come from...............

I Have just got a sneaky one from Global Dept Recovery. Your name is registered as non-paying of a record dept. To clear your address now telephone us on above telephone number, and return the completed direct debit below to Global. It is our intention to issue proceedings within 10 days of the date of this letter. Its dated 16th December, So they must be working boxing day, Bless them. Is this any concern or is it just a bluff on their parts, Considering they have not established yet its my dept.

Standard threatogram bluff and bluster. Ignore them until they give you some idea of what the alleged debt is for.

Standard threatogram bluff and bluster. Ignore them until they give you some idea of what the alleged debt is for.

They do not say to whom I owe the money too, But they do give amount as £235.20

Of course prostitutes have baby's, Where do you think DCA staff come from...............

Yes the Christmas bug [humbug, that is] seems to have spread. Had a letter from Debt Clear the other and today we've had a call from DG and a letter from BOS.

I think our Christmas will be happier than theirs.:)

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)