Natwest - £1800+ do I owe them this or is it fraud?

kawaii1989
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5136 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I upgraded to an Advantage Gold account in the summer of 2008 to make use of the £1200 overdraft which I uped to £1300. After I had paid all the overdraft back I split up with my then partner who then found my card and pin number and took it all out again.

I told the local branch this and they said that its my fault that he knows the pin number (I didn't tell him!!) and that I have to go to the police. Now the police said that its a bank matter and that I should go to them so I gave up a bit. But I requested a new card to be sent to my new address but they messed up and sent it to my ex.

Now I am getting letters saying that I owe natwest £1800+. Are they right that I owe them this as its a case of fraud which they didnt want to aknowledge that it was fraud?

What should I do?

Thanks

Lissa

Guest Alison82

Take your ex partner to court as they have stolen that money from you. Wait for some more advice from more experinced people here though

I too think your ex partner has stolen that money from you. In which case Police should deal and not try to fob you off.

I think the bank will insist that it is your fault because your PIN was written down (it sounds like it was from your post?)

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will comment later.

Jan

I told the local branch this and they said that its my fault that he knows the pin number (I didn't tell him!!) and that I have to go to the police. Now the police said that its a bank matter and that I should go to them so I gave up a bit. But I requested a new card to be sent to my new address but they messed up and sent it to my ex.

Lissa

Hi don't take this as 100% but I believe that this has been changed I seem to remember that as of 1st November that the Bank cannot just say that you are at fault you gave pin etc they have to prove this, also if the bank sent card to old address and not new address they are responsible for any further monies spent on account.

dpick

• 2 months later...

I have been waiting for just over a month for the fraud people to call me back (they said within 3 days) and I haven't heard anything else from them or Natwest so I don't know what to do.

Any ideas?

• 4 weeks later...