Dorabell

advice on an un paid utility bill

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3620 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all i need a little bit off advice for my daughterinlaw she has just rang me in flood off tears and she is 8months pregnant she has received a letter from BUCHNA& WELLS DCA for an unpaid gas bill which BG have sold to:mad: when she and my son lived at there old house she did forward BG the new address but did not here anything from them till she received a threatning letter from B&W DCA today so she telephoned B&W DCA and spoke to a very rude man who has her in floods of tears:mad: she has said to him she could not afford to pay it all togerther has she is on maternity leave and could she pay by instalments this bill is for £76 only he said if she could pay £54 he would wipe the debt off she said she could not he said could she borrow from family or freinds:mad: he was so rude to her she refused to speak to him and she wanted to speak to some one else he said that was not possible:mad: and she put the telephone down on him so she telephoned BG to see why they had sold this debt on she spoke to a man who she said was nice and said he was sorry that this had happend she explained that she did forward her new address on to BG he said that it was out off there hands now that B&W had brought the debt:mad: i have told her to tell B&W to put in writing befor she sends them any money has it would be sneeky for them to sell it on again it has been done what have read on this forum, she said she dont mind paying it has they did use the gas, i am so hangry how these people can get away in bully people

Edited by Dorabell

Guest Old_andrew2018

They B&W will do just that sell on the debt, I would write to British Gas explaining that a forwarding address was provide to enable them to forward a final bill.

If BG refuse to act then why not complain to the energy ombudsman, http://www.energy-ombudsman.org.uk

I'm not too sure if BG have to pay a fee if they do then it serves them right.