Urgent Help ** CL Finance Please

StinkyFeet
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5245 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

My wife got a CCJ a few years ago from CL Finance at the time she just amitted liability. Recently we have not been too sure on it but have not progressed on CCA'ing them as yet and she has continued making payments every month.

The other month my wife changed banks and set up a new standing order in her new bank for the CCJ and changed the current date from the middle of the month to the end of the month due to her pay frequency changing from 2 weekly to monthly.

No payments have been missed and she is not a month behind.

Just this moment a door collectors come to the door looking for a payment of £121 now or over £2k, told him to f**k off or the Rottweiler gonna be saying hello.

No letters have been received from CL finance, no phone calls, nothing.

Monthly payments are under £20 so how do they get to this amount.

He advised us bailiffs will now be coming then, advised dont know how as all payments upto date and accountanted for in bank statements as well as a statement of account from CL finance which shows satisfactory payments from 1st Oct 2008 to 1st Sept 2009.

Where do we go as this guys (oh the CCJ was actioned by Howard Cohen by the way) as my wife is in ill health and this has just knocked her for 6 again?

As always, thank you so so much

Edited by StinkyFeet

Advice & opinions given by Stinkyfeet are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional. :wink:

Hi

Sorry to hear of your problem. Did your wife inform them that she was changing banks and the date? reason for asking is these lowlife don't understand things unless it's in black and white and spelt out for them.

I personally don't know what road you should take now but I'm sure someone will come along later and help show you the right road. If you don't get the help you need later click on the trianagle and one of the site team will get back to you.

DG

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

She's in a complete mess here DG, weve been to hell and back and just getting somewhere and now this. No they werent contacted but to be honest, couldn't see why they would need this much info. Have just checked all payments and from the beginning October 2008, they have all been around the middle of the month. Novembers payment was sent on the 21st instead of on or around the 15th due to changes in pay frequency. Were not talking ages, were talikng a few days. Standing order payment is set up to go to Howard Cohen as before and as normal.

No payments are missing and none are late really (when you take into account if the 15th fell on a Saturday followed by a bank holiday).

The collector at the door wasn't a bailiff, but was here for a staggering £121 pound now or £2k, when my wife nearly passed out I hit roof and told him how bout this rotty you nasty piece of s*it. Advised him that what on earth was he doing here. Advised him there been no correspondence in writing or telephone from them, this would surely be normal practice sending a letter 1st no a collector. He said yes that is correct but he werent moving before he got one of the above. I said well ive increased my offer, rotty or police and as next door neighbour a copper aint gotta call 999. He said i'll go, you had your chance, you'll see bailiffs soon. She hasn't defualted on court CCJ payments, all upto date and can be accounted for and proven. Now ive had enough, I truly want to see if these guys and gals actually have a credit agreement and if this CCJ is justified as so far this is ridiculous

Advice & opinions given by Stinkyfeet are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional. :wink:

OK sorry to hear about your brush with a moron

First things first they cant do a damn thing, simply write to Clueless and outline what you did and that has far as you are concerned everything is up to date, and if they say other wise to prove it.

Alos demand their complaints procedure reference the doorstep fool, andthat you consider that some form of contact would not have cgone amiss before they send out an idiot, and i would use those words too.

Thirdly if they dont want to play ball then although you have a ccj there is nothing to stop you demanding a copy of the agreement .

then see what they come back with.

i think getting it set aside might be a wee bit late

but not my exact fav subject, others will know better.

now, how about a bit of history on this debt please.

and are you sure the two are related? door step collector and change of payment etc.

whats on the CCJ too about payments?

that will help if you can list it too.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

He said i'll go, you had your chance, you'll see bailiffs soon.

:lol::lol::lol: Not before I see that cow jump over the moon.

Print off the following letter template http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/590-letter-used-when-a-dca-threatens-a-doorstep-visit-.html

Keep it by the front door, in the event they get brave again and come back to harass you, shove it in their greasy hand, and shut the door.

You should send one to clueless aswell, along with your letter of complaint, informing them that you have made a complaint to the OFT and your local Police for their employees intimidation and threats.

I'm off to kick the cat..:-x

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thank you all. It was for a HSBC credit card which when my wife fell ill got behind on, I tried endlessly to catch up with payments for her but everytime a payment was made, increased charges and interest rate swollowed payment and increases total outstanding further. I was declared bankrupt in Jan 2009 when my IVA failed as my business failed.

The door collector had documents saying CL Finance and HSBC credit card, it can only be this as my wife only has 1 CCJ and it is for this. I have no CCJ's.

The court advised payments where set at £18.00 per month and this is the payment that has been made from day one right upto and including last month. There is no arrears and the next payment is due to go out in weeks time.

Think ive covered it.

Know you say a set aside outta question, but when you consider what they have done today I am hoping for a bit more light to be honest before I end up advising my children that there mother isn't here anymore due to actually paying what she should when she should.

And on another note, how the hell would a court look kindly to a visit requesting £121 from someone who has paid upto date.

Please, you have to bare with me here

CL Finance ,lewis debt recovery, Howard Cohen, cattles, are all the same, just different desks in the same building.

As your wife is Ill and this has set her back, kick up a very big stink not only with clueless, but the OFT, and TS via consumer direct.

The Office of Fair Trading : Contact us

Consumer Direct

Financial Ombudsman Service

How to Complain

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thank you. Am trying to put together a letter to them but honestly dont know where to start. What I want to write would sound like something Chubby Brown wrote

Could you kindly advise how this letter suits please, appreciate all your help, please bare with me at the moment as this letter was put together in a state of dispair

Today I received a visit from a muppet formally known as a door collector. Now this door collector was sent by you for apparently a payment of around £121 or the whole outstanding balance.

Now as you will appreciate, this is the 1st time I have had contact from you since the ‘Statement of Account’ (Enclosed) dated 18th September 2009. There has been no letters or phone calls from you regarding any so called problem. I therefore advised the un-welcomed trespasser to leave my premises immediately before he had the choice of either talking to my Rottweiler or the Police.

This further confirmed that since the so called debtor you are looking for has made obviously no payments to obtain a figure of over £121 in arrears that you do indeed have the wrong person whose details match similar to those of someone else you are trying to locate.

Therefore, I as my monthly payments is obviously not good enough to prevent un-necessary door step bullying, I have enclosed a CCA request and a postal order for £1.00 for you to supply me a copy of the signed credit agreement that is associated with this account that I am believing is nothing to do with myself?

As this is also a complaint regarding your current under handed dealings, I would appreciate a full copy of your complaints procedure as well as copies and licences numbers to authorised bodies whom you hold licences with.

Should you feel that ignoring my above and enclosed requests appropriate, I shall not hesitate in contacting the relevant courts to make them fully aware of the current developments?

Anyone Please?

Could you kindly advise how this letter suits please, appreciate all your help, please bare with me at the moment as this letter was put together in a state of dispair

Dear Sirs

Today I received a visit from a door collector apprently sent by your company, although no proof was provided by this person, requesting a payment of £121 or the whole outstanding balance.

Now as you will appreciate, I was somewhat suprised by this demand as I am unaware of any problems with my dealing swith your company and this is the first time I have had "contact" from you since the ‘Statement of Account’ sent by your company on the 18th September 2009.

To reiterate there has been no letters or phone calls from you regarding any so called problem.

I therefore advised this person to leave my premises immediately before I reported him and the company he claimed to represent to the Police.

In consequence of this unwarranted visit and as far as I am aware my monthly payments being up to date, I now require by return a FULL explanation of this course of action, and your official complaints procedure.

I trust that this visit was merely an oversight instigated by someone from your company looking to make a name for themselves or worse looking to boost their yearly bonus, in either case i will expect that this person is dealt with in a formal manner.

I await your respone.

yours etc etc

there ya go

there ya go

Big thank you PGH7447.

Will be sending this off today to them then by special delivery along with a CCA request as now I beleive its time to see what we can achieve with this one.

Have contacted the courts and requested a N244 from the courts as want to see if we can get this set aside and defend it properly as never really had the opputunity last time due family problems.

I will obviously be waiting to see what comes back from the CCA request before sending this off to courts.

Agree that may be a long shot but do beleive that if dont try we dont know do we, do you agree?