Whos liable

phil_nottingham
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5217 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Partner lives in my house, gets double glazing fitted throughout... We split up partner moves out.

Partner ordered the double glazing and payment due after fitting.

Is my partner soley liable. ?

I assume all they can do is issue a claim in small claims court/high court writ?. They obviously cant and wouldnt try and remove the windows, since the property belongs to me etc .....

The contract is between your partner and the window company. To remove the windows would be criminal damage.

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

well actually and technically they could take the windows back if no-one has paid for them.

If it is your house in your name then you have given tacit agreement to the supply and installation and would be liable for the payment.

As far as I am aware there is no "credit agreement" for these windows... as the fitter is chasing the full balance?

If that is the case then a judge in the SCT would be looking at this in a fairly obvious way; would your partner have ordered these windows had you not been together?

The likelhood is no - it's not like it is a car she ordered for you and then took away for example.

Was there a verbal agreement who would pay for these windows had you split up?

(I have a very personal experience of this so I know how it must all feel by the way)