palomino

BBA holding 'Debt and Enforceability Seminar'

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3621 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

The British Bankers Association is a holding a one-day seminar BBA – British Bankers' Association - Debt and Enforceability Seminar.

If I could afford to go I would as it sounds extremely interesting. Most particularly the session entitled 'Interpreting the Consumer Credit Act (CCA)'.

Is anyone here able to go and report back?

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

Not for the Prices their charging!!

I certainly enjoy the bit about

Whilst banks are always happy for their customers to get help and support from third parties when making a complaint, the rise of the 'pro-forma claim' championed by claims management companies (CMCs) and reliant on potential legal loopholes in consumer credit agreements to claim unenforceability, is a growing headache for the banking sector.

I see they are still spouting about 'Legal Loopholes'

Oh right that will be the exact same legal loophole you all use to deny customers of their rights.

Clearly they are very very worried, and they damn well need to be, consumers are learning about their rights, time for this corrupt, rotten to the core industry to clean up it's act.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Yes, they seem to exist in a parallel universe where compliance with the law is optional, but wrapped up in a figleaf of 'interpretation' to make it seem OK.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

I didn't think any body owed the banks money anymore. I was under the impression the 40K given to the banks on behalf of each one of us was payment enough.