no CCA

Veronica24
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5244 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ensure you keep that copy of the letter, as for sending them anything else, there is no need, they are legally unable to do anything else as an agreement does not exist, in their words.

How old is this debt and what is it for?

I would check your credit file aswell if that is something which interests you, as they are not allowed to place a marker on their neither.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

10 years old! You are aware of the limitations act?

If they can't produce the agreement to you, then yes ignore their drivelling nonsense. They have no proof that an agreement existed, therefore will not be able to take you to court nor are they legally allowed to carry on collection activity against you, including marking your credit file adversely.

File all of their deforestation under 'Ignore', has there been a period of six years where you haven't paid anything?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

thanks for fast reply Boo, should jst ignore there letter even tho they say I still liable for debt??? debt is for credit card about 10 yrs odl.

credit file shows balance and status unknown

they are splitting hairs to try and confuse you. The debt legally exists BUT they cannot make you pay but they can ask you to pay.

You can however pay voluntarily which is what they mean.

Personally, I would write and tell them that you have no intention of paying them anything and that you do not recognize the debt or any liability to them. And that unless they have definitive legally enforceable proof of any debt they should not write or contact you again.

10 years old! You are aware of the limitations act?

If they can't produce the agreement to you, then yes ignore their drivelling nonsense. They have no proof that an agreement existed, therefore will not be able to take you to court nor are they legally allowed to carry on collection activity against you, including marking your credit file adversely.

File all of their deforestation under 'Ignore', has there been a period of six years where you haven't paid anything?

I was paying ok until 6 months ago when I loose my job.

they are splitting hairs to try and confuse you. The debt legally exists BUT they cannot make you pay but they can ask you to pay.

You can however pay voluntarily which is what they mean.

Personally, I would write and tell them that you have no intention of paying them anything and that you do not recognize the debt or any liability to them. And that unless they have definitive legally enforceable proof of any debt they should not write or contact you again.

Thanks Bear. I am happy I not have to pay. I will write and then ignore them.