I feel so bad about this...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5245 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Just had an absolutely horrible experience and I feel like such a hypocrit.

I am employed a chain of hotels and I have just had to meet with a lady who did not pay her bill for an event (almost 2 years ago) and my company have issued her with a CCJ.

The lady new nothing about it as she had moved and only discovered it when she applied for something and it flagged up on her credit file.

I had to play the bad cop and tell her exactly what would happen if she didn't pay the judgement. Attachment of earnings etc.

I felt like such a bully. She didn't know what to do and by her appearance she can ill afford to pay the bill. But I had no choice and had to lay it on the line as my boss was sitting in the meeting also.

I felt like screaming 'get it set aside' but I couldn't. I walked away from the meeting, having terrified the life out of her, feeling ashamed and extremely pee'd off with myself. But I had no choice.

I never want to go through something like that again...the poor woman.

well at least it showed u have morals even if the company does not maybe after reading a few threads here u will relise that u are in the wrong job

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

To be honest, if you felt so bad about the situation, then boss or no boss, grow some minerals, and inform her of her rights and that she can have this set aside.

'People not Profit'

The greed of some people and companies knows no bounds, and only acts to make peoples lives a misery especially at this time of year.:Cry:

Is there no way you can contact her and inform her she can have this set aside?

Edited by Bazooka Boo

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

bazzoka boo, it was a very difficult position to be in, after all, if you hadnt have said it, it would be likely in this day an age, that your position would have been compromised and based on this i.e. any other duties in the clause of job contract...it would be likely he would have been asked to leave, or she..sorry., as you would have been in effect, acting against the companies intererests..

Hi Guys,

Just had an absolutely horrible experience and I feel like such a hypocrit.

I am employed a chain of hotels and I have just had to meet with a lady who did not pay her bill for an event (almost 2 years ago) and my company have issued her with a CCJ.

The lady new nothing about it as she had moved and only discovered it when she applied for something and it flagged up on her credit file.

I had to play the bad cop and tell her exactly what would happen if she didn't pay the judgement. Attachment of earnings etc.

I felt like such a bully. She didn't know what to do and by her appearance she can ill afford to pay the bill. But I had no choice and had to lay it on the line as my boss was sitting in the meeting also.

I felt like screaming 'get it set aside' but I couldn't. I walked away from the meeting, having terrified the life out of her, feeling ashamed and extremely pee'd off with myself. But I had no choice.

I never want to go through something like that again...the poor woman.

Regardless of what anyone above has said, just exactly how would getting yourself into trouble with your boss help anyone? It is not your fault that she moved or that the company got a ccj against her.

At the end of the day altruism is all well and good and laudable but you have to live in the real world as well.

I would love to contact her and advise her on what to do, but I can't run the risk. I have a family to feed and need my job.

My boss kept at me to explain the consequences if payment wasn't forthcoming, I had no choice.

It was an extremely uncomfortable experience and I do feel for the poor woman, expecially at Christmas time.

She did say she would take advice, hopefully someone will help her get it set aside...unfortunately it can't be me

OK my initial comments were a little harsh, and yes I agree you have a family to think about so felt you were between a rock and a hard place.

Hopefully she will be able to find the right help.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

You can't blame yourself. You were only doing your job. If the Lady should of paid 2 years ago why didn't she?

You never know she might pop up here on cag asking for advise.:)