paul g webster

Aviva/Cunning Lindsey/Ival issue (barclays)

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3586 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hey all im not quite sure what to post :), basically what has happened is there was a theft at my property, 5 items where taken;

a. Mac Book Pro

b. Asus EEEpc

c. multiple usb dongles of varying size

d. an external usb hard disk drive

e. a speciality external wifi adapter

To keep things short b/c/d/e are all fine, replaced or cashed, the issue is with 'a' the mac book pro, it was a gift from my partners grand mother who has sadly passed and there is no receipts for it what so ever. cunning lindsey are refusing to move on it and barclays are a little dubios, I have provided them with pictures of the laptop (in the same room as me even though a little unclear) as well as contact details for statements for people who have seen me with the laptop.

If that is not enough what more can I give them, I have no idea what more I actually can give them..

On a side note, there is no way her grandmother purchased this laptop, it was obviously paid for by someone else, but no one seems to know who and short of raising the dead it seems impossible to find out.

-- Thank you for your time

-- Paul G Webster

Oh I also sent in a picture of the original manual for the mac book pro also

-- Paul G Webster

hi paul,

any joy with this?

Insurance Guy

If I can offer any help I will....

I have experience in Fault, Non-Fault & Disputed Liability Motor Claims for vehicle damage and hire, and some experience in Personal Injury Claims

If I've helped- please click my scales :D

ANY ASSISTANCE IS GIVEN ENTIRELY WITHOUT PREJUDICE- YOU SHOULD SEEK INDEPENDANT LEGAL ADVICE TO CONFIRM ANY ADVICE GIVEN

FEEL FREE TO PM ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD IF YOU WOULD LIKE ADVICE 8-)

Hi There, anyone Know these idiotic companies

Aviva, Crawfords, Insure repair, Asprea, these companies are totally lacking in manners, professionalism, courtesy, understanding, my roof leak caused by storm damage was called in on the 22.1.10(morning) and it is now 24.1.10 (evening), all they have done is to pass me from one lackadaisical company to another more incompetent company.

How hard is it to arrange for someone to carry out repairs on a roof, all the responses I received were that I would have to arrange and pay for the work to be carried out myself, and that the monies for the work carried out may not be reimbursed.

Why do I pay these cretins an insurance policy, when they want myself to do their work for them. I have e-mailed who I can just now and the ombudsman too

Not dealt with yet, sorry for the late reply been chasing them on the issues and they pretty much just dont want to talk to me.

Barclays appear to be at least trying to help out but Cunning lindsay are just saying no. the really stupid thing is that barclays have stated that as it was a gift the original receipt is not needed, infact I 3 way called barclays and cunningham lindsay so they could speak on the same line.

It seems though that cunning lindsay forgot about this conversation 24 hours later.

-- Paul G Webster