Sign in to follow this  
Surfer01

Unique deposit situation?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3621 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

If you rent a seasonal pitch on a caravan site which has electric meters fitted for every pitch and they ask you for a £75 electric deposit up front, does this have to go into a secured deposit account?

The pitch is paid up front before you move on and your actual electric consumption is paid on a monthly basis. The deposit is kept just in case you gap it without notice. Obviously when you leave it is refunded less an additional consumption.

No it is not required to be secured.

DPS is only for Assured Shorthold tenancies, which a caravan pitch nor an electrical consumption deposit isn't

Hope that helps

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

Sign in to follow this