dillon21

EDF demand after 5 years

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3628 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Please could some one tell me edf have asked me for nearly £600 after 3 years they say looking back through their records that is still outstanding i have read somewhere on here that if it has not been billed for in the last year they can not ask for it is this correct and when i speak to them they are going to ask where i got this info what do i tell them

Many Thanks

its their own industry guidelines

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

OK just spoke to edf and the guy said the amount is from 2006 and i was sent a reminder a bill in 2006 i told him about the not receiving anything in the last 12mthand he said no they can still charge me for it as it outstanding he said reminders had been sent they hadnt and i told him to look at the bills over the last 12mts and he would see its not on ther he would not budge where do i go with this now as this amount as been added to my prepayment metre so it not that i cant pay it please advice on next step please just seen that on bill dated 23/10/09 they have put transfer £695 this amount does not show up on any bills in the last 12 mths and its from 3years ago not 5

Edited by dillon21

cant see how they can

if they have not billed you in the last 12mts for that ammount then they can go away off.

ping nottslad

he's our resident guru.

very kind gent.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

haha thanks d was just looking at this. As the charges were billed, it would not fall under the billing code, the 12 month rule.

It is very bad practise for no reminders to be sent and the account was nearly statute barred... I personally would escalate the complaint to the Energy Supply Ombudsman, if not all of the bill was quashed, I would expect at least some of it to be removed as a gesture of goodwill

thanks guys so because i was billed back in 2006 they can ask me for it even thou they had forgotten all about it until they checked because i was disputing another bill then it suddenly turns uo on my oct 2009 bill

unfortunately they can do this. It's harsh I know, but they are able to do it, it's most likely that whiole investigating the dispute on your account they found this amount.

Send a letter of complaint to their director of customer service (you should be able to find it on google) advising that you disagree with their actions, that you have no qualms about conntacting watchdog, the ombudsman and the papers regarding this issue and the outcome may well be something very different :D

Ask for copies of the bills they claim to of sent you. They have to produce them . Ensure they are not based on estimations ...

I am assuming this was a credit meter back then, so when the prepayment meter was fitted was any debt added then . . .

Also you have not specified if it is gas or electric. . . . as long as they are not collecting gas on electric or vice versa. . . .

Edited by ozzywizard

I am a consumer helping other consumers. Together we can and will make a differance. Please double check any information or advise I may give as I like yourself am learning as I go along in life.

1) give a small donation to this site to keep it going because without this forum I would know nothing.

2) Use your experience to help somone else on another thread.

Please do not PM me, my mail address is my username at this site address . I will not under any circumstances give out advise or help through mail, only on the open forum, however feel free to mail me to point me towards your thread and general talk etc.