King Koopa -v- Barclays and BMS

King_Koopa
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5239 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there.

Im in similar situation against bms ,. i had old barclays debt now in the hands of Bms, i sent letter 2 week ago saying i didnt accept debt they wrote back saying i had a ccj against me in march 2005 and that i had made payments in 2007.

what can i do now? Can i ask them for prove of agreement? Do i have to pay them?

Thanks in advance for help...

Hi Kink Koopa and welcome to CAG.

Can you firstly confirm what bank or credit card this is for, so I can move your posts into your own thread in the right forum.

On what grounds do you not accept the debt.

Was a CCJ made against you on March 2005 as they say.

Did you last pay toward the debt as they say in 2007.

Do not discuss this with them if they phone you - refuse to answer security questions.

When we have further info from you, we will try and help. :)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi there, yes it was for a barclays bank student loan when i was in uni dating back over 6 years ago, the amount was 3190 pound.

The debt should be statue barred apart from i made 2 payments in 2007 which doesnt help as i had admitted the debt.As far as the ccj i dont know if was made or not i have bms telling me there was one made in 24 march 2005 so thaats all the info i have about that. unfortunatly i paid off 135 pound towards this debt in 2007. They have offered me a settlement deal for 2560 pound but i cant afford that.When they call me i dont answer so i havent actually spoken to bms apart from the letter i sent saying that i dont acknowledge the debt.

Many thanks for help, sorry for posting in wrong forum.

Hi KK,

I've put your posts in your own thread here in the Barclays forum.

As I'm sure you now realise, making the payments in 2007 restarted the 6 year clock and the debt is not now Statute Barred, nor will it be until 2013.

If you check your Credit Record (for a small fee), it should show what entries have been made regarding the debt and, in particular, any CCJ made in respect of it.

I suggest you send BMS a SAR which should reveal all that they hold about you and the debt. It costs £10 and you should use this letter - http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/48-bank-templates/110--data-protection-act-1998-subject-access-request-

You should ensure that they do, in fact, own the debt and have the right to collect it.

See what comes back from them. :)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Send the SAR to see if they have the documentation which gives them the right to demand monies from you.

Do you know who take the court action against you resulting in the CCJ.