PCN issued by Aberdeen City Council

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5152 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Interesting site you have here. Nice to see everyone making things difficult for the establishment :D.

Anyway I was wondering if any of you could advise me regarding a parking ticket I got yesterday. I have been searching for the past hour or so but can't find much that could help me.

Basically I had my car in at the garage, I had to go pick it up before the garage closed so I used my other car to pick it up (didn't take the bus because the garage was about to close) thus leaving my car outside the garage. The car was parked on a single yellow line and there was a sign nearby which looks as follows which I didn't notice at the time:

13122009581.jpg

Just my luck it was when a match was on at Pittodrie and when I came back the next day to pick it up I had been issued with a PCN on the window. :(

All my details seem to be correct on the ticket (reg, car type, car colour, date, and time) etc. Time of issue was 15:25.

Can you guys give your opinions on this please? Whether to contest it or just bite the bullet and pay it? I have attatched an edited version of the ticket for reference,

Thanks.

th_PCNedited.jpg

If all details are correct, then I can't see there's anything else which would invalidate it. I think the contravention is correct for the situation.

Irrespective, you can appeal within 14 days and they will hold the discounted period for you, so nothing to lose. If you explain the situation in a letter, and that you wer in a hurry and simply didn't notice the sign, you have a chance of them agreeing to cancel. You never know - worth a try.

If they say no, then fair enough.

Not really, i'm not that into football so I don't know when Aberdeen are playing, other than football is obviously generally played on a saturday but I don't know when the season starts/ends etc. I guess they expect you to have a certain amount of knowledge of when Aberdeen are playing which, to be honest, doesn't sound very reasonable for people who don't follow the team. You think this might be an avenue worth exploring?

It's a bit of a rubbish sign really. I don't know how they expect people to interpret the restricted times either especially since two of them overlap and it doesn't give a day/date range.

I am going to send this as the main body of my objection text. What do you guys think? Feel free to suggest changes :) Thanks.

'I am writing to you to object to the above Penalty Charge Notice I received. The sign you have in place notes that the area is restricted ‘During events at Pittodrie Stadium’. However, I feel it is unreasonable for you to assume that I am aware when these events take place, particularly as the sign does not even signify a day or date range during which events take place. The sign is also somewhat confusing as the time ranges stated overlap and the sign does not give any indication to which restricted time periods apply on any particular day.

I appreciate your correspondence on this matter.

Regards,'

• 3 months later...

Just to update, I sent away this objection just before christmas, recorded delivery, and have heard nothing back since :) I assume I can now consider this dead and buried because of the time taken? They should really write and say they're cancelling the ticket or something.

If they have not written to say the PCN has been cancelled, then it is a risky business to assume it has been. You need to find out what the state of play is. I can understand your concerns abot bringing it to someone's attention, in case they start chasing it again, but I think it's worth trying to find out. Maybe ring and ask if there are any PCNs outstanding on your reg number. If they say no, forget it. If they say yes, you'd better find out what the situation is with it.

That's brilliant, thanks. It really is a rubbish sign. I'll write them another letter soon seeing if they'll confirm it's been cancelled then just in case. Can't believe they've just not acknowledged my correspondance in any shape or form.