accident at work

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5231 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just after a bit of advice.

Had an accident at work last week,which resulted in a broken finger.

Drive for a living,so obviously not going to be insured at work.

I have no contract or ever signed one,not been noted in accident book.

What rights do I have? especially with regards to pay.

Any help apprciated please

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s, of the investigating & prosecuting organisations:

DO NOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen. 

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633 

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643 

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955 

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 (part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders 

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : tel#0207 637 6236  

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/Subprimefees/#detail

Hi LD,

Are you directly employed i.e. PAYE? Are you off work at the moment also.

Also, was the accident on the 'works' premises.

M

Edited by MandM

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

Hi M

Yes I am directly employed & this will be my 1st week off work.

The accident happened on work premises.

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s, of the investigating & prosecuting organisations:

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 (part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders 

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : tel#0207 637 6236  

Was the accident actually in relation to your work out of interest or totally un-related (such as tripped over etc)

Apologies for all the questions :)

M

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

Dotty,

Have a look on the HSE website. I think that will answer most of your questions.

Look particularly at RIDDOR and 3 day reportable injuries.

M

With regards to pay, companies tend to have differing policies. Are you actually signed off by a doctor? If not, get this done.

M

Was the accident actually in relation to your work out of interest or totally un-related (such as tripped over etc)

Apologies for all the questions :)

M

This is important because it might be that a Risk Assessment should have been done.

Yes the accident was in relation to work,im not signed off as I thought the 1st 7 days had to be self cert.

Yes the accident was in relation to work,im not signed off as I thought the 1st 7 days had to be self cert.

As far as I know that's correct. I think it's 7 consecutive days so be aware of when your time is up and get your cert.

If the accident was work related, particularly on work premises,your employer has a duty (it's the law) to report it under Riddor if you're off OR unable to carry out your normal work duties for more than 3 days. The weekend IS included if it falls within that timescale i.e. if you had the accident on Thursday and didn't return to work on Monday then it's still more than 3 days.

I don't want to ask you to go into work and kick up (and cause probs for yourself :)) as I don't know what your relationship is with your employer so it's entirely up to you how you use this - but the law is clear - HSE says (to Employers)>>>>>>>

The law says you must assess and manage the health and safety risks of your business.

In a risk assessment, you carefully examine what in your work could cause people harm. This will determine if you have taken enough precautions, or if you should do more to prevent harm.

Have you ever seen or discussed a Risk Assessment? Employees are usually party to these and some companies will ask you to agree, read and sign the RA (so there's no doubt)

If you were doing a job that MAY (and only possibly may) have resulted in you breaking your finger/s then your employer has failed in their duty to look after your needs!

Furthermore, by not putting it in the accident book they are not acknowledging that an accident even occurred so you need to make sure this is done. Further still, your employer must contact HSE within the stated 10 days and complete a form F2508 (can be done online too).

This leaflet will tell you your rights and obligations as an employee.

http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/hse27.pdf

Good luck

MandM

Replied :). Hope it helps,

M

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE

Accident has been logged in accident book,but I should of been paid today & not received any payment.

As I don't have a contract,I know I am entitled to ssp instead of full pay.

I have tried calling employer,but have closed for xmas.

What can I do with regards to payment?