Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • 4 th time we've merged your threads  for complete history of your story please keeps to one thread
    • @dx100uk @ anyone else interested in Fighting HSBC UK  Staff/department non compliance and incompetence/interference in between HSBC UK and customers.   I wanted to know what you guys had to say about the reply i got from HSBC UK today.    Recap. I originally turned to HSBC UK to be reunited with Money i saved in accounts that where frozen and made dormant during the year 1995.   HSBC UK Teams tell me that HSBC UK only allows them to have access to account records dated back 6 years. there for they do not have the records, can not locate the records i requested for in my SAR. there for HSBC UK teams Ignored my SAR application for records of accounts made frozen and dormant during the year 1995. HSBC then claim if the accounts where closed they will no longer hold records of these accounts and tell that to the ICO. I again explained to HSBC UK and the ICO the records of accounts where left frozen and dormant.   HSBC UK teams continue to tell me over the phone that The records i requested for in my SAR, will not be located or do not exist because HSBC only allows them to have access to records of accounts dated back 6 years.    I returned to HSBC highlighting there is no such provision in the Data Protection Act.   HSBC UK teams today totally ignored my complaint again and confirmed with me they are classing my complaint as wanting to locate accounts that where closed.   Let me know what you think about the  HSBC UK teams response to my last complaint. Is there any other letters i can send them to confirm thay are not correct about what they have done.    The HSBC UK letter starts of by:You've been unable to recover funds you held in HSBC UK Accounts that were closed in 1994 to 1995, and to obtain the account details for the accounts concerned. You've been advised that we only retain records for up to 6 years, but you've been unable to locate any provision for this within the Data Protection Act (DPA). You require a Certificate of Destruction from HSBC UK to evidence the destruction of the data concerned. You feel your Subject Access Request (SAR) has been ignored by HSBC UK.   HSBC UK Teams now go on to explain: In respect of you being advised we only retain records for up to 6 years, but having been unable to locate any  provision for this within the Data Protection Act (DPA), I can confirm that under the DPA, we are obliged to only keep records for as long as we deem necessary, in order to effectively manage our data. So, for most cases, this will be for no more than 6 years.   In regards to your request for a Certificate of Destruction from HSBC UK to evidence the destruction of the data concerned, I regret that this isn't something that we can provide, as we don't keep records of when individual customer data was destroyed. I'd also like to clarify that if the accounts concerned were closed after becoming dormant, that we would have sent you closing statements at the time.   Lastly, I'm sorry you feel we've ignored your SAR. I want to assure you that we'll always look to accommodate a request for a SAR as best as we can. However, if we're unable to locate the account details and information required, this will mean we're unable to fulfil the request, which has unfortunately been the case on this occasion.   How else do you think i can highlight to HSBC that the teams dealing with My complaint, and request to be reunited with my money is not going to departments that can deal with my demand for services.?  
    • Hi   I have to agree if you have paid off the debt owed to them via this meter and are up to date on your bills  I would look at changing supplier and as said asking new supplier to install a standard meter and look for the best deals for you.
    • I have severe anxiety and going to leave my job and have been invited to a meeting but dont wish to attend that is three hours away from where I am. Can I legally give the  permission to decide without my being there? I cannot handle going as I know I'm going to be fired anyway as on my final warning. I'm also giving in my notice this week too! This job is just too much for me now and I cannot work here any longer. It's no good for my health and sanity  I am sick to my stomach thinking about going and about to hand my notice in anyway    
    • Thankyou it’s because I’m awaiting the outcome and a friend said I will be turned down as I asked them a while back if I had ppi on the account and how much it was and they replied.  But they did only send me a short confirmation with the amount and that they trust that answers my enquiry. i just wanted to be prepared if they wouldn’t turn me down based on that. Thanks for your advice on that mate 
  • Our picks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3619 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

I have been renting for the last 7 years and now wish to leave. It was originally a 6 month short-hold tenancy agreement, but after that time it went into the standard rolling agreement, whatever its called!


1. Are there any stock letters I should be using to end this agreement?


2. My tenancy monthly date is on the 28th of the month. If I give a months notice now it means I can leave Jan 28th. But I would rather leave earlier. Can I and not pay until the 28th of Jan? Or do landlords often let you go earlier?


3. Do landlords have the right to let loads of possible tenants see your property before you leave?





Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You need to look at your tenancy agreement to see how you get out of it. It may contain a provision that says you must break on a specific date, like the date you pay the rent etc.


Once you establish this, then a simple 'I give notice of my intention to vacate the above property on the x.'


You can of course make arrangements to leave the property earlier, providing your landlord agrees with such. Ensure that this is tied up in writing though.


It is usual for you to allow access to potential new tenants, but there should be a provision for such in your tenancy agreement. If there is not you may be able to refuse, but I would temper that with the need to stay on good terms with the landlord in case you want a deposit back.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Your tenancy is now a statutory periodic tenancy. This means that you are corrent in your assumption that your month's notice must end on the last day of a rental period, which in this case is 28th January. You may try to negotiate an earlier leaving date with your LL, but he/she does not have to agree. In this case, you will be liable for the rent, and all other obligations, to the end date of the tenancy.


Regarding viewings of the property, whatever it might say in the AST you do not have to allow this. It is a breach of your right to quiet enjoyment of your property. However, you might perhaps use this as a bargaining tool in negotiations with your landlord? (e.g. if he doesn't let you leave early, you won't allow any viewings.... and stick to your guns. Others have discovered agents or landlords letting themselves in when the tenant is not there - in this case you are entitled to change the locks, provided you replace with the old locks when you leave).


Many people do not want strangers traipsing through their home when they are not there and have some concern for the security of their property and I would therefore recommend that you stipulate that you require adequate notice of viewings, and might even consider stipulating specific times and days to suit you.


By the way, although getting your deposit back should not depend on you being nice to your LL, but on the condition of the property being the same at the end of the tenancy as it was at the beginning, since you have not signed a new agreement since April 2007, your deposit will not be protected so this may well be something you need to consider.

Kentish Lass

Information given is based on my knowledge and experience and is not to be considered as legal advice

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...