style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3620 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Having had the unfortunate experience of a bailiff trying to rip me off recently, and looking at hundreds of similar threads on here where bailiffs are:

- Charging extortionate and illegal fees

- Using a variety of unpleasant and unethical tactics to extort money, including lying about the 'law', using threats to invade people's private space as well as violate their rights.

- Clamping and even removing vehicles when they shouldn't be.

- Clearly getting away with far too much!

Evidence on here suggests very strongly that bailiffs at a number of companies are OUT OF CONTROL. They are riding rough shod over people's rights. I have seen some research by the Citizens Advice that echoes this. I was thinking about going to my local CAB (and MP - for what that's worth) to flag this up.

Are there any other campaigns ongoing. It just seems unacceptable that the State and local authorities are employing firms who use highly questionable methods not only to collect money owed, but to make enormous profits.

My experience is that bailiffs at Equita for example will say ANYTHING to scare you into paying them.

It all stinks!

You are quite right layer cake the bailiffs get away with simply because the majortiy of folks just dont know their rights and until this recent recession they havent come across professional people who are prepared to stand up and fight for our rights

They cannot get away with it the tv programmes show a one sided view of life with debt

speak to your mp write to the police if you think they are carrying out fraud I have templates available should you need them

follow my thread on sherforce fraud investigation

dont accept that they have the law on their side the law is for everyone not just bailiffs

onlyme

• Haha 1

You are quite right layer cake the bailiffs get away with simply because the majortiy of folks just dont know their rights and until this recent recession they havent come across professional people who are prepared to stand up and fight for our rights

They cannot get away with it the tv programmes show a one sided view of life with debt

speak to your mp write to the police if you think they are carrying out fraud I have templates available should you need them

follow my thread on sherforce fraud investigation

dont accept that they have the law on their side the law is for everyone not just bailiffs

onlyme

Absolutely! We are still a liberal democracy, not the fascist dictatorship some of these characters and certain right wing politicians dream of. I look forward to my next interaction with the bailiffs. Another reg post letter, a letter to MP, CAB, the HMCS and OFT. Also copy to BBC as well.

The gloves are off!