noons71

Ulster Bank Default - Help

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3612 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all

I am new to the site and hope someone out there can help. I was having charge upon charge added to my current account with the Ulster Bank ans was forever disputing them. I decided to open a new account with another bank and brought my Ulster Bank account under its £250 overdraft and was going to pay it off then close the account. Ulster Bank then proceeded to add more charges to the account and I refused to pay them. My account balance rose to -£500 due to these charges.:Cry: After speaking to the debt management dept in the bank they have now removed these charges and I am paying off the overdraft of £250.:-)

The problem I now have is after checking credit expert Ulster Bank have added a default to my file. What should my next step be to have this removed as it is severley affecting my ability to get credit.

15th December 2009 UPDATE

As I have had no replies from u guys i assume u r thinking search the site and you will find all you need ! As I am not the most eloquent All I was hoping for is an example of a initial complaint letter to send to my bank stating that since the amount was in dispute that they were breaching the Banking Code. PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN I WILL APPRECIATE IT.

16Th December 2009

Had a call from recoverys clerk who informed there was no notes on my file to say that I disputed these charges.I didnt know or wasnt wise enough to put this in writing at the time but I had numerous telephone conversations with bank personnel disputing the charges. Lost for the next step now any ideas ??????????????????

Edited by noons71
No Replies

If they have defaulted you, then they need to issue a default notice in writing.

Everything that you do with banks, needs to be in writing for obvious reasons, they can deviate from the truth.

You can start to claim back your charges. You will get information in the bank charges section on this forum.

If you transfer the above post to the Debt forum, you will get more responses.

Debt Collection Industry - The Consumer Forums