photoman

"Bad Boy" Hedge funder betted on Bank collapse & pays self £30m.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3620 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Times Online:

CRISPIN ODEY, the hedge-fund manager, is to pay himself £30.4m after his firm made a fortune betting on the near collapse of the UK banking system last year.....

Odey, whose firm manages $6.2 billion (£3.8 billion) of assets, will escape the 50% windfall tax introduced in the pre-budget report as this does not apply to hedge funds.

Article here:

‘Bad boy’ hedge-fund manager Crispin Odey nets £30m - Times Online

His current wife is Nichola Pease, who holds a position on the board at Barclays, whist her brother in law is John Varley (Barclays CEO).

Also his first wife was on the board of Northern rock at the time of its collapse.

....hmmmm..... ?

(In other news, a dentist and his friend were recently made examples of and both jailed for insider dealing in a very high profile court case, after they were found guilty of buying shares after acting upon privileged information).

I find these comments by some readers interesting:

"If hedge fund managers could see the bank disaster coming and act beforehand why couldn't the Treasury or the BoE? "

"It does rather strike me that he has more than a little access to people with inside knowledge. You may argue that this makes him best placed to make the best decisions (even without the forward thinking) but it is rather contrary to the rules of the FSA if they ever cared to do their job."

---------------------------

ARE YOU A BUSINESS CLAIMANT?

CAG NOW HAVE A BUSINESS CLAIMS FORUM !

GO HERE !

CAN'T FIND WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR?

Look here.

Got your old T&C's ?

Visit this thread to help others.

-----------------------------

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !