• Tweets

• Hi,  I guess the DCAs have come out of hibernation as my friend has had a Claim Form today.  Honestly I feel like I have addressed this one but she can't find the folder box I gave her to keep all this nonsense in, but then the claim form has no information you could realistically use to find out what its from anyway(JD has a few names under their umbrella and she has had accounts with most of them over the years, some repeatedly as they keep lending to someone with no income.  Its ok at the start when its only a little bit but they rapidly put it up and up until she owes in the high hundreds/low thousands instead of the £150 she is initially given, she always intends to keep it in good standing but there is a massive difference between paying £20 a month and over £100) and the usual poor grammar that should be an embarrassment to any normal legal firm, but I suppose these people have no shame.   Anyway, I assume its the same respond for more time and send off a CPR and CCA?   Name of the Claimant ?   Cabot Financial Date of issue – top right hand corner of the claim form – this in order to establish the time line you need to adhere to. 22/02/2021   Particulars of Claim   What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim?  By an Agreement between JD Williams Ltd RE Jacamo & the defendant dated XX ('the agreement') JD Williams Ltd RE Jacamo agreed to issue the Defendant with a credit account.  The Defendant failed to make the minimum payments due.  The Agreement was terminated following the service of a default notice.  The agreement was assigned to the Claimant.  THE CLAIMANT THEREFOR CLAIMS 1.8XX.XX 2. costs   What is the total value of the claim? £8XX.XX    Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ? No   Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? Yes   Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? No Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Catalogue   When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? After   Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? Online   Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/Equifax /Etc...) ? Yes   Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Debt Purchaser   Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? Possibly, she was(and is) very poor at keeping and responding to correspondence.     Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Possibly, she was(and is) very poor at keeping and responding to correspondence.   Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ? Possibly, she was(and is) very poor at keeping and responding to correspondence.   Why did you cease payments? More than she could afford.     What was the date of your last payment? No Idea as we do not not which account it is for.     Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No   Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? Possibly but can't say for sure.    
    • Thank you Andy/Dx   UPDATED Defence, 3 days remaining.   Not sure where to mention invalid PAP. I put it under number 5. Please check if this is good to go.   Defence   The Defendant contends that the particulars of claims are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any allegation to which a specific response has not been made.   The Claimant has not complied with paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) – failed to serve a letter of claim pre-claim pursuant to PAPDC changes of the 1st October 2017. It is respectfully requested that the court take this into consideration pursuant to 7.1 PAPDC.   1. I have in the past had financial dealings with Lloyds Banking Group. I do not recall the precise details of the agreement and have sought clarity from the claimant.   2. However, I do not recall ever receiving a Default Notice pursuant to sec 87(1) CCA1974.   3. I do not recall ever receiving this notice pursuant to sec136 of the Law of Property Act 1925.   4. I do not recall ever receiving a letter of assignment from the Lloyds Banking group advising the debt was assigned to the claimant.   5. Claimant served the invalid PAP with no connection to their court claim,   6. On receipt of this claim I sent CPR 31.14 and section 77 request. The claimant failed to provide a valid copy of the agreement and therefore remains in default of said request.   7. It is therefore not accepted with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant and the Claimant is put to strict proof to:-   a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement; and b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and c) Show or evidence service of a Default Notice/Notice of Sums in Arrears, d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;   By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.      
    • no.   i wonder if the OP is entitled to CTAX benefit, thats only available from the relevant council...most on UC can get it..   but your MP is by far the most successful route to sorting these issues we've seen here to work.
    • dx100uk  unclebulgaria67   OP is on UC.   Could the council apply for weekly amounts to be deducted from UC claim ?
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies

'London Xmas Meet Friday 18th December 7.30pm~ The Harp, 48 Chandos Place, Covent Garden WC2

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4084 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Do you know of any decent watering holes in the vicinty of Trafalgar square that would be a good place to meet??
U want peeps to actually meet in the fountains Spammie?? :shock:

:p:D

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

(Jules Winnfield)

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be going to Trafalgar Square on 18th to see my DD in her singing group so if any local to London Caggers are free and would like an impromptu meet for half a shandy and a pack of pork scratchings do please pipe up....

:D

London meet before christmas sounds possible for me..:cool:

U want peeps to actually meet in the fountains Spammie?? :shock:

:p:D

Sounds like a plan to me... :D we need somewhere to empty the Evian bottles before topping them up with the real stuff.. :p;)

London meet before christmas sounds possible for me..:cool:

Cool beans.... the more the merrier.. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

It goes without saying Caro,.. you, the Tilly monster and several other Northern peeps would be welcome...

I baggsy the top drawer :p:D

A-Z Index

HOW NOT TO CLAIM...Click here!

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

.please remember that any advice i give is purely my own experience or opinion thankyou

Short notice, but this Greater London CAGger should be able to make it, as long as I drug myself to the gills. :-D ;-) I have missed far too many of them meets lately, last one I went to Tilly's housewarming!

(House bursting at the seams so can't offer accomodation though :-()

Short notice, but this Greater London CAGger should be able to make it, as long as I drug myself to the gills. :-D ;-) Shouldn't have too much trouble finding a pusher in central London...:rolleyes::p

Welcome aboard oh French Educated one.... will you be fit enough to 'Timewarp' or do we need to find a sedate 'snug' for you to repose in... :confused:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Spamalot, Mrs M here. What sort of a group is your daughter in, my daughter is studying music at kingston uni.

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

Kingston upon Thames not Kingston Jamaica. LoL :)

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

Hi Mrs M.. :)

It's a medieval singing group called 'Sweet Harmonie' They've done a set at Trafalgar square for the past few years and it's the first time I've been able to go... :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sg1...:)

Do you know of any decent watering holes in the vicinty of Trafalgar square that would be a good place to meet??

Harp, Covent Garden, London, WC2N 4HS - pub details # beerintheevening.com

One of the best pubs in London - bit small but the best things come in small packages!

There are several good pubs around Covent Garden.

Nationwide - Prelim sent 02/07 - MCOL filed 04/07 CHARGES SETTLED IN FULL!!

Woolwich- Prelim sent 04/07 - Offered 90% - 06/07 accepted

MBNA - Prelim sent 02/07 - CCA request sent 03/07 - CCA reply (illegible + no T&Cs) - DCA sent packing - Restons now trying - gone quiet

Citicard - Prelim sent 02/07 - CCA request sent 04/07 - replied 04/07 No contract & not enforcing!- passed to 1st Credit- gone quiet

Egg - Prelim sent 02/08 - 3 letters - full offer 03/08 SETTLED IN FULL!!

(All starry, rep, clicky thingies gratefully received!)

Probably not - they are a Free House so the beers are always changing. My local is a Youngs pub and I've not seen Winter Warmer on draught yet (it is not to my taste anyway). It is also not shown on their website.

Nationwide - Prelim sent 02/07 - MCOL filed 04/07 CHARGES SETTLED IN FULL!!

Woolwich- Prelim sent 04/07 - Offered 90% - 06/07 accepted

MBNA - Prelim sent 02/07 - CCA request sent 03/07 - CCA reply (illegible + no T&Cs) - DCA sent packing - Restons now trying - gone quiet

Citicard - Prelim sent 02/07 - CCA request sent 04/07 - replied 04/07 No contract & not enforcing!- passed to 1st Credit- gone quiet

Egg - Prelim sent 02/08 - 3 letters - full offer 03/08 SETTLED IN FULL!!

(All starry, rep, clicky thingies gratefully received!)

Thanks again.. :)

Been a few years since I've had the stuff so maybe they've stopped doing it.. it was a bit potent.. :eek:

I'm sure there'll be something else just as interesting to try... :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Mrs M.. :)

It's a medieval singing group called 'Sweet Harmonie' They've done a set at Trafalgar square for the past few years and it's the first time I've been able to go... :)

got a link? Sounds like my cup of tea, where are they playing, St Martins in the field?

There is a place called The Clarence I seem to remember near there, however there is always the nice pub at the back of Liberty's in Oxford/Regent street and also a couple of other watering holes if anyone wants to go south with me on the way home.

Breakfast on Saturday can either be at my place, Morrisons supermarket (5 minute walk), nearest Weatherspoons (also 5 minute walk) or any of the other eateries in the local high street - including Il Ponte's restaurant which does salmon & scrambled egg for £5.95...

got a link? Sounds like my cup of tea, where are they playing, St Martins in the field?

Hi Bookie... The only link I have is a facebook one ...

They are performing at 6pm - 7pm at Trafalgar Square... that's the only info I have at the mo... If I get more I'll update.. ;-)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Bookie... The only link I have is a facebook one ...

They are performing at 6pm - 7pm at Trafalgar Square... that's the only info I have at the mo... If I get more I'll update.. ;-)

Found it:

Trafalgar Square - Christmas carol-singing

Think I might mosey on early and have a listen...

(House bursting at the seams so can't offer accomodation though :-(

)

aww does that mean you has to be spesh :rolleyes:

Or you can come and stay at mine, catch the tram from my house to E/C, then Gatwick Express from E/Croydon?

A-Z Index

HOW NOT TO CLAIM...Click here!

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

.please remember that any advice i give is purely my own experience or opinion thankyou

That's on the 28th, Tills. On the 28th, I have a lickle bit of room as long as you don't mind sharing the couch with Martin. :-D (and you're very welcome if you want to come down, although Martin may object! :razz:)

BEFORE xmas, OTOH... Let's put it this way, at the moment, you have to go upstairs sideways, avoid the corner of the landing covered in stuff, navigate round the 5 full baskets of washing and push doors open with your shoulder to squeeze through. As for my living-room table, I conclude it's still there as the piles on top of it would collapase otherwise, but I couldn't tell you what colour it is now, it's been that long since it has seen the light of day it may well have started growing mushrooms.

And if you think I'm kidding... Oh I wish I were. *sigh*

Thank you...;)... do you happen to know if they sell Youngs winter warmer???

:-)

There's always the Guinness of Newky Brown Spam? :lol: :lol:

Looks like you've picked a good time and place that will suit a lot of peeps. :p

This is the first time since CAG started that I missed a London meet at xmas but out of the question this time.:sad:

Just think though Spam - a few short weeks ago you were a meet virgin nervously awaiting your first time. Now you've done it once your brazenly organising meets yourself, and can paaaarrrttttyyyy with the best of them.:razz:

Way to go girl!!!!:D

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.