ollie*bollie

Utilities Warehouse estimated billing has resulted in a £13k deficit

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3351 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

In 2008 moved to UW.

They did not accept the opening reading for one of the gas meters so the account was opened on a deemed reading. This meter has subsequently been read by their actual meter readers and myself but because their system does not accept the readings they have continued to estimate the bill.

They then send out a letter stating there is a credit of over £4k on the gas account so they are going to reduce the direct debit to £5 (from £700).

This is queried obviously. Their system finally accepts the meter reading and it transpires that the account is not £4k in credit but £7k in deficit.

Then it gets worse. They have been estimating an electric meter on a night and day rate but it is a single rate meter. No one has ever given them two reading for this meter and it has been seen by their actual meter readers.

The estimated usage has allowed over £6k deficit to build up.

So after having paid over £12k Jan09-Nov09 for gas/electricity they require another £13k to bring the account up to date.

To continue to estimate the readings (when actuals have been provided) enabling such a large deficit to build up is irresponsible in my opinion. As the direct debit was increasing I had no idea this situation was arising.

I would like to move to another supplier but this can obviously not happen until the deficit has been cleared but as such a high amount it is not something I can do in one go.

no actually this is for a domestic property - but v large house with a swimming pool complex

If you have a swimming pool then chances are you are on a commercial meter. Look at the meter point number on your bill, the top left number should be 01 or 02 for residential, if it is 03 it is a lower commercial and anything higher is certainly commercial.

I knew a guy a few years ago who had a swimming pool and he was paying around £450pm even then.