Letter from MBNA (What do i do?) Please help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5245 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

nickformbristol what you need to do first is go to a site called photobucket. Its free to register. Scan your letter on to your pc, (desktop is best first) then you upload the letter on to photobucket. From there you can copy and then paste it on to the forum. REMEMBER to blank out any personal details, name, address, account number in fact anythink personal at all. Once you have loaded it on the forum a number of really clever people will read it and advise you. Any pronlems then post again, but importantly don't worry.

It might be better to let them assign it to a DCA & hopefully they'll mess up the Default &/or Termination Notice. Then you can CCA the new DCA to see whether the agreement is enforceable or not. If it is you can then go about reclaiming all the unfair charges they may have added.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it, in fact I'd be quite amused at the fact that they are 'concerned' your other creditors have been receiving regular payments :D

Have they not sent you a default notice yet?

If they 'legally assign' the debt to a DCA, then MBNA cannot place a marker on your file, as it has been 'assigned/sold' to another DCA, MBNA will have nowt to do with it, the DCA will place a marker on your file as they are the legal owners of the account.

So that is the first untruth by MBNA.:mad:

The other threats of other creditors 'possibly' withdrawing promotional rates yadda, yadda, yadda, is an attempt to exploit your lack of knowledge.

As Cerbs has said, it may be better to wait and see if they mess up the default and termination of the account.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I was concerned to see that some of your other creditors are receiving regular payments.

I see MBNA are clairvoyants now are they, I cannot see anyone giving MBNA information on how/if they are making payments to any other creditors.

dpick

I was concerned to see that some of your other creditors are receiving regular payments.

I see MBNA are clairvoyants now are they, I cannot see anyone giving MBNA information on how/if they are making payments to any other creditors.

dpick

Cairvoyant Cowboys!

AC

So basically what they have said is a pack of lies!

They can not find out i have made regular payments to other creditors etc.

This debt was with me at a property i lived at ages ago, i have moved 4 times since so i don't see how they can be sure it is me that owns the debt.

They have not served a default notice on me, they have not tried to contact me because they don't have my number. Basically i have not heard from them for at least 10 months.

What do you think i should do considering the above and them not really being sure it's me who owes

Relax, Wait awhile, and see what happens in the New Year.

A lot of DCA's will attempt collecting SB or unenforceable debts prior to the new year, for no better reason than they need to enlarge their coffers and crimble parties.

IMHO I would recommend you do not reply to their officious letter which has been computer generated, give it till next year and if they are still persistent little fools then you can kick them back under the little dark hole they appeared from.

Boo;)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!