style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3620 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hey, just looking for a little advice really.

Friday night, I parked my car on what, during the (week) day, is a road where you are allowed to park outside the town hall 'public enquries' type entrance in lancaster. the road is maybe 100 yards long, and a part of it does have a yellow 'no parking' box in front of some steps down to what is presumably a loading area. I've parked on this road a few times before, always - like this time - after driving round for 10 minutes or so looking for a bay to park in using my residents permit.

Saturday morning, I returned to find my car disappeared, and discovered it had been towed. according to the police this was on the authority of the 'head of the town hall'. I called the number they gave me and was told that the compound wasn't open to collect until monday morning.

basically, I'm just wondering if I've any grounds to appeal somehow (and if so, how would I go about it) because there are no signs on this road saying that permits are required, that you could be clamped or towed or anything. As far as I was aware it was a public road, but was told it was private - but aren't signs still needed if they want to tow me?

thanks very much

seems like you've been lucky till now then.

prob no signs that permits were allowed as it was access to steps......?

photos might help you.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

If I've just been lucky so far, then fair enought.

To point out if I wasn't clear though, I wasn't in the 'no parking' area in front of the steps, was well clear of it by say ten yards or so.

appreciate any advice though, thanks

Just to be clear, can you explain further.

Were you towed by the Council for an on-street parking contravention, and was a PCN issued too? If so, what was the contravention?

Or were you towed in a private action by the land owner?

If the latter, I think that there does have to be signage, and you may have a case there (not my area of expertise though.)

well, I thought I was on a normal public street, and so would be the former, put no PCN was issued - I collected my car yesterday morning, paid £170 and apparently the tow company had just been told it was causing an obstruction. I'm told by the police that the road is private property though. I think I may be best writing to them asking for the reason why in writing, and taking it from there, getting some photos in the meantime.

thanks very much for the response