Braveheart2009

Fee Waivers

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3558 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

Has anyone used a JSA letter to prove to uni or college course that they cannot afford to pay for a course? I seen a few web pages stating if you can prove your unemployed with a letter from JSA you get a fee waiver regardless of how much the course costs.

Thanks.

Guest Old_andrew2018

Bump

Hi, I enrolled this morning on evening classes and was given a fee waiver on proof of claiming JSA ... This particular course fee is £360. You might also want to check out the link below that gives you more info.

http://www.learndirectscotland.com/IAG_Docs/IAG05_0307_V2.pdf

Hope this helps,

John.

Really glad you got that were you on JSA income based to get that what about contribution based I don't think that is means tested. Did you have to show your JSA claim letter to finance department or send it away to headquarters? Also, is there a limit of a fee waiver what if theres a part time course costing £2k+ would a fee be wavied in proof of JSA?

Thanks.

Hi sorry, been a while since I checked in ... I was on income based JSA yes but to be honest I don't think it would have mattered if it was contribution based as you wouldnt be elegible for JSA if you were independantly wealthy, lol , all I had to show was my signing book. As for the maximum, I'm sorry, I don't know about that.